BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know you're saying: Here we go again, another windscreen thread.

I cant decide between the Cee Bailey and Calsci windscreens.

I allready have the bmw sport windscreen for commuting and short rides. What I need is a windscreen for long trips, one that is the most comfortable on the highway. Looks arn't a criteria (almost). I would say Calsci's and Cee Bailey's touring windshiels have about the same good and bad reviews from users. The Cee Bailey looks more aerodynamic, and the Calsci has got vents.. Impossible to know which one works the best....

Which one would you buy?

Is there another one that I wouldn't know about?

Cee Baileys | BMW 2005 & UP R 1200 R Touring Windshield

BMW R1200R Windshields

·
Registered
359 Posts
Another windscreen thread. I cant decide between the Cee Bailey and Calsci windscreens.
I allready have the bmw sport windscreen for commuting and short rides. What I need is a windscreen for long trips, one that is the most comfortable on the highway. Looks arn't a criteria (almost). I would say Calsci's and Cee Bailey's touring windshiels have about the same good and bad reviews from users. The Cee Bailey looks more aerodynamic, and the Calsci has got vents.. Impossible to know which one works the best....

Which one would you buy?

BMW R1200R Windshields

I think it comes down to which look you like, they are both good shields.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts

Wunderlich
Parabellum
Z-Technik

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puid (never heard of them befor but they have a great selection)

Givi..

what else

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I know you're saying: Here we go again, another windscreen thread.

I cant decide between the Cee Bailey and Calsci windscreens.

Which one would you buy?

BMW R1200R Windshields
Put the names in a hat and randomly draw...whichever one comes out is the one you pick...unless you don't like that one...then pick the other :001_tongue:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put the names in a hat and randomly draw...whichever one comes out is the one you pick...unless you don't like that one...then pick the other :001_tongue:

ha ha this is so true!

The Cee Baleys looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci which got vents, which the Cee Baley doesn't have, but on the other hand the Cee Bailey looks better than the Calsci...:dizzy:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't know about Cee Bailey but I've heard good things about both and I have the Calsci. I think all windscreens are an ugly necessity. I can tell you this. I'm 6'0" tall and the CalSci windscreen I have is perfect (not the tallest one, but the next one down). None of the dreaded head buffeting. The vents are there for some scientific purpose to do with buffeting and vacuum pressure and geek stuff. It works for me. The air blast goes about 2 inches above my head and the vortex of the axis of the paralellogism does not interfere with the visceral delight of the vibrations transmitted by a two cylinder internal combustion engine through the footpegs and up through the seat to my nether regions. In other words, even the boys are happy...:001_huh:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about Cee Bailey but I've heard good things about both and I have the Calsci. I think all windscreens are an ugly necessity. I can tell you this. I'm 6'0" tall and the CalSci windscreen I have is perfect (not the tallest one, but the next one down). None of the dreaded head buffeting. The vents are there for some scientific purpose to do with buffeting and vacuum pressure and geek stuff. It works for me. The air blast goes about 2 inches above my head and the vortex of the axis of the paralellogism does not interfere with the visceral delight of the vibrations transmitted by a two cylinder internal combustion engine through the footpegs and up through the seat to my nether regions. In other words, even the boys are happy...:001_huh:
Nice :)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
There're the Z technic screens. You didn't mention them, and I have one in mint condition sitting here taking space. They will sell the bracket separately for $85 I think. And I would part with it; don't need it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There're the Z technic screens. You didn't mention them, and I have one in mint condition sitting here taking space. They will sell the bracket separately for $85 I think. And I would part with it; don't need it
Nice, just wondering what price you had in mind for your Ztechnic? These things are worth a lot I think... Are they Any good? Why do you not use it?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I started with the Calsci, but it was very upright. If it leaned back more, it would have been fine.
I now have the Cee Baiey and it leans back more which causes less buffeting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I did not use it because though it came with the bike, it was without a bracket.

Then the CB kind of worked out ok. Then I had a mishap secondary to a failed fuel strip--story told elsewhere--that trashed the CB bracket.
So, my choice was between getting a bracket for the ZT or a new CB screen and the CB people were going to give me a substantial discount.

I was intrigued by the positive reports I saw on the Gen 3 CB, and the write up from CB addressing the concerns I had w the old CB. And I liked the way the CB looked. So, I just went with it.

The prev owner did use the ZT though and he says he can't find the bracket for it. I looked it over closely and it is not quite "mint" but is in excellent condition. There is a very minor hairline superficial scratch in the left upper quadrant. And you can see where the bracket was seated. With a new bracket the seated area would be invisible.

It's a nice looking screen and you can see it on their website. Whatever the list is I'd go for half of that + shipping.
I can send pictures if you want, though I have to take them first...don't have any on hand.
But look around and see what people have to say about them. It is clear, btw, and very nearly the same height as the CB 19" gen 3 and the CB Gen 1 20"

·
Registered
250 Posts
Please keep us posted!
The Calsci got delivered today, haven't had a chance to mount it yet. The shield looks super nice, extremely clear and no distortion anywhere, not even the edges. Saturday is supposed to be cold (High of 30F) and windy , so that's when I'll be able to give it the real test, together with the "Heat Demon" heated vest, which has impressed me thus far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Calsci got delivered today, haven't had a chance to mount it yet. The shield looks super nice, extremely clear and no distortion anywhere, not even the edges. Saturday is supposed to be cold (High of 30F) and windy , so that's when I'll be able to give it the real test, together with the "Heat Demon" heated vest, which has impressed me thus far.

Waiting for your comments!:detective:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Waiting for your comments!:detective:
Hehe we got more snow yesterday than forecast, so the roads today are still a bit sketchy, but I believe tomorrow I might be able to get a ride in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
:detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective: :detective:

:drool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts