BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did you mention there's a battery?
Each sensor has a battery, but if you’ve replaced the sensor related to the cantankerous reading, then it would seem not to be the sensor.

I’ve posted elsewhere re my sensor battery replacement experience.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Each sensor has a battery, but if you’ve replaced the sensor related to the cantankerous reading, then it would seem not to be the sensor.

I’ve posted elsewhere re my sensor battery replacement experience.
Yeah, just double-checking - thanks M8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes my 2008 model has had this problem and it is getting worse so it seems that it is unseated and needs the jiggle treatment thanks .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks M8, reseated mine and it’s been behaving

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I did the whole reseating, cleaning pushing home the connector and still having an issue with the front TPS reading. All works for a while then the front tyre reading stops. I've turned off the wifi&GPS sensor on the Innovv dashcam and still having an issue. Oh, and disconnected power to the dashcam as well and replaced the front TPS sensor. Hmm...

·
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It’s possessed, @mikeS. An exorcism maybe in order.

Reactions: mikeS

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
252 Posts
Took me a couple of tries. I finally felt the faint click when I pushed. It worked flawlessly on a long recent trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Took me a couple of tries. I finally felt the faint click when I pushed. It worked flawlessly on a long recent trip.

Question - did you have I'm issue with the front and rear? On mine, only the front is intermittently reading tyre to pressure the rear is working fine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I recently had to replace my rear tire and I thought maybe they didn’t seat the sensor because a day or two later the reading kept going in and out. Never happened before for 29k miles.

Found this post and I might have overgreased the connector because I found both front and rear were now intermittent. Blew some air into the connector, cleaned up excess and reseated and it’s been fine since.

Reactions: mikeS

·
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
did you have I'm issue with the front and rear?
It was my rear sensor only for ages, then the front as well. It seems you might need to muscle up a bit, Mike, to click that connector fully home. I recommend one of these T shirts.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
It was my rear sensor only for ages, then the front as well. It seems you might need to muscle up a bit, Mike, to click that connector fully home. I recommend one of these T shirts.

View attachment 112264
Okay, PZ I'll double down on my attempts on muscling the connector but so far all my efforts are going nowhere...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Okay, PZ I'll double down on my attempts on muscling the connector but so far all my efforts are going nowhere...

If you hear/feel a click, you're done.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Ok, it's that click again...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts