BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change some of the plastics of the bike to carbon (because it looks so cool :)) and found this alternative to the Ilmberger carbon parts.

Bestem

Does anyone have any experience on this manufacturer?
Prises are very tempting :drool:

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
That's a good find!! The Farkle and Bling communities thank you.:goodjob:
Post us your photos after you've pulled the trigger on some carbon fiber.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the link! Those prices are great. I won't have my bike for another week or so, but ordered a couple of their parts (radiator cover and fender covers)... will post some shots after they get on bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link! Those prices are great. I won't have my bike for another week or so, but ordered a couple of their parts (radiator cover and fender covers)... will post some shots after they get on bike.
Great! Looking forward for the pics! :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I'm not a fan of how the carbon fiber looks, may be because most carbon fiber parts I see are faked and on cheap cars/motorcycles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a fan of how the carbon fiber looks, may be because most carbon fiber parts I see are faked and on cheap cars/motorcycles.
That must be the reason. For me it's images like these that make me drool...
12_BMW_HP4_6.jpg

22.jpg

BMW-K-1300-S-Special-edition-BMW-Motorrad-at-EICMA-Milan-2012-3.jpg

And these bikes ain't cheap :)

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
It's probably me just being extra careful with any spare cash I have but I'd rather leave the bike as it is and spend the money on a few weekends roadtrips. Having said that I am looking to upgrade the seat!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's probably me just being extra careful with any spare cash I have but I'd rather leave the bike as it is and spend the money on a few weekends roadtrips. Having said that I am looking to upgrade the seat!!!
Funny, I'm thinking of upgrading my seat as well. The standard (Classic 2012) low comfort seat is a bit too low and soft for me, so the sport seat I had a change to test fitted my bony ass much better. Good support and fast sliding from side to side. Oh spring, come soon... :1eye:

·
Registered
15 Posts
best bang for the buck seatwise has got to be rich's custom fabricating shop in kingston wa. had my 2010 R1200R seat customized by his shop, worth every penny of that $580 some odd dollars. reshaped seat pan, gel pad, finished with top grade leather. did a west coast 3500 mile run last june, never got butt fatigue. also added touratech bar risers, big help there also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just posted some shots to the picture gallery. Quality is great - carbon fiber quality actually exceeds the Ilmberger rear hugger I have (shot also posted).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just posted some shots to the picture gallery. Quality is great - carbon fiber quality actually exceeds the Ilmberger rear hugger I have (shot also posted).
:goodjob:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ravinxd could you take a picture of the backside of the front fender flaps? In the Bestem webpage picture they look a bit crude, and you can see the backside because they protrude from the front fender.
Other than that, the carbon looks very good indeed!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts