BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - just acquired a 2016 R1200R Premium - wondering what’s the best source for some carbon parts? Would like to stick to one supplier if possible, as color, finish, weave size tends to vary. Have already installed SC Project carbon-tipped can, and ordered a dash cowl from Slingshot Racing.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Einar

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can recommend Ilmberger from Germany. They do a lot of carbon parts for our bikes and the finish is stunning. Real craftsmanship, thus pricey. I have their front fender and rear hugger on my 2017 R1200R.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bestem USA has good parts are more reasonable prices than those from Germany. I actually have some CF that I was going to put on my R1200RS, but because one of the bolts/fasteners on the air winglets I have not put the parts on. The interchangeable part with the R and the RS is the gas tank middle piece. If interested let me know.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ilmberger is the best but pricey.
We had a few pieces of Bestem on our K1300S bikes. They looked good but usually required a little dremel work.
I bought the 100% carbon instead of the carbon and fiberglass.
I had not heard of MotoComposites in Canada but decided to try them. I ordered two small fairing trim pieces for my wife's RS.
If they look good and fit good I may buy the battery covers.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The inner fairing pieces arrived today and look good. They looked nice enough so I ordered the battery covers.
From the time I ordered it only took seven days to receive them. Canada to Iowa. $155 for the parts and $10 shipping. The battery covers are the same price.

Motor vehicle White Hood Light Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive design

·
Registered
501 Posts
The MotoComposite battery side covers arrived earlier this week.
They look and fit good.
These are the same as the R1200/1250R side covers.

Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Eyewear Tints and shades

Wood Sleeve Bumper Hardwood Carbon

The bikes are stored in a tight spot and hard to get a good picture.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just noticed this thread is in the 2007 to 2014 section instead of the 2015+ section.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,898 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts