BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if money is not an option, and you could have any bike you wanted...all are 2013 models....which would you choose???? but you could only have one....lets have some fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats the reason why I'm going for the R1200R, because i'm going down to one bike and that's my choice.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
A bit boring but I'd stick to the R1200R. It does everything I need.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd choose the RT if it weren't so bulky or heavy. Meantime, the RR is fine, perfect except for the da#n fuel strip! The RT has a float.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Money wasn't really an option for me and I chose a 2012 R1200R just because it fits me so well.

I year later and I'm still loving this bike!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I keep eye-ballin' the RT myself. I think that if I ever buy a full touring bike some day I'll go for the RT. But, that said, NOTHING can replace my R1200R :) Even if I were to ever get the RT I doubt I'd get rid of my R12R. I'm curious how the new boxer will change the R and the RT though, if by much at all. But to answer your question: I'd still choose my R...2012 version, because they don't come in red for 2013 anymore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife and I have had this conversation numerous times and my choice would be my R90S. The next would be the R1200R. And yes this is a person who traded an RT for the K1600GTL. Missing the RT, I decided to get the R1200R to complement the K1600. No one bike can do it all but I must admit the R1200R comes close. :iagree:

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
+1 R1200Roadster
No one bike can do it all but I also think the R1200R comes close. :iagree:
BMWLOU, after seeing your list of other bikes, your fondness for the R90 & Roadster speaks volumes! K1600 has 50 HP on the RT, but also about 200lbs. RT handles well for the added protection it offers over the R. IMO

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the R90S new in 1975 and also the R100S in 1977. Both bikes have over 200,000 miles with no major problems. The Road King came into the picture when I decided to own at least one Harley in my life. I also use the Harley for teaching the MSF Experienced Riders Course and the Advance Riders Course. In addition, the Harley is a good bike for a lazy afternoon ride through the local national forest. The Harley loves to lope along at a comfortable 55 MPH.

I made the mistake of taking the K1600 out for a demo ride that turned into a four hour ride and then ownership. What an impressive bike but having said that, there is something to a basic bike such as the R1200R or an Air Head. I am very fortunate to have an understanding wife and the ability to own more than one motorcycle. But if I had to give up all but one, the struggle would be between the R100S or the R90S. Most likely it would be the R90S as she was the first BMW in my life replacing a cantankerous 1969 Triumph Bonneville.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts