BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the piston diameter is of the clutch master cylinder on the above bike? I'm planning to mount a cylinder with smaller piston diameter to make the clutch action a little easier as I have slight carpal tunnel in the left hand from racing Ducatis, which have a very heavy clutch. In heavy stop and go this can be an issue. I haven't found a stamp noting the size on the master cylinder, or is it hidden somewhere? I've asked dealers, Magura and others without any answers and it would be great to know this without having to disassemble the master cyl. I have done this (downsize) on other bikes with great results. There is usually still enough travel with dry clutches.

By the way, I have seen some discussions on the forum about the red vs. blue mineral oil brake fluid from Magura. I asked them about this and they said the red fluid has a higher boiling point?? than the blue which BMW uses, and they didn't know why BMW use the blue, but both should be OK. I wasn't aware that mineral brake fluids are also rated by boiling point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts