BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am considering buying my first BMW, the R1200r, and I was wondering from your experiences do the dealers give deals on a new bike, kind of like what one would expect when you buy a new car?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Like all stealerships they make you feel good before they pinch your money only joking. Some just want to sell and ship them out others do try attempting good customer service as standard dont matter which stealer it is, proof of the pudding is if somethin does go wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
My guess is that if you are in a high rent district, they are not going to do much discounting. They might throw in a jacket or a helmet, or another accessory. On the other hand, if there's a lot of local competition from nearby shops, you might do better. Let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Unless you can get a last year bike, they don't really negotiate that much, look online, some of them out of your area might have better deals, and you paying shipping might still a better deal then getting it at your closest dealer.

Be strong

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have bought 3 bikes new, but over 20 new cars. You can be brutal with the car guys, especially now with so much info on the internet. With a bike, there is more of a longer term relationship you have with the salesman or dealer as there are not BMW shops all over the city. That makes bikes scarcer than cars and therefore less wiggle room. Having said all that, I got $600 off my new R1200R I purchased new a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I bought mine last year (new), they didn't give much up (if anything) on the BMW, but they did give me a good trade-in on the Kawa I had bought from them the year before. (10% less than what I paid for it, even though it was now a year older and had triple the mileage)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I bought my current ride, the 2012 Classic, from Max in Connecticut. I got a good discount and a far better trade in price for my 2011 f800r than anywhere else. There are several Beemer dealerships to chose from where I am. Max beat them all by a mile without any haggling on my end. I bought the bike in March, so it was just the beginning of the season and that year's model- not a left over.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My spec-bike had sat on the showroom floor for nearly six months when I closed in late March 2009. They wanted to move it and offered a four-figure discount. It's all supply and demand.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
The search goes on. All good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found my bike, a 2012 in the matt grey, with all of 8000 miles, ASC, computer, some cool fitted led turn signals, rear panniers, looks like new! Lovin' it already!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buy a used BMW R1200R and save yourself a bundle. The small differences between the older R1200Rs and the new ones aren't worth te huge difference in price. My two cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts