BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Corbin seat. I have a 2008 R12R which I bought used. The seat was on the bike. I believe it to be approximately the Standard seat. I’ve never had a BMW seat so not sure. $200. Prefer local pick up but will ship if you’re willing to pay charges. Not sure what the charges would be. Fit is very nice and seat is in great condition.
Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m not sure if your seat is much taller than the one I have. (This is my first BMW and I’m not familiar with all the stock seat options.). Can you post more pictures? Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure if your seat is much taller than the one I have. (This is my first BMW and I’m not familiar with all the stock seat options.). Can you post more pictures? Thank you.
I’ll take some more photos later. We’re kind of in the same boat. I initially wanted a lower seat so I felt a bit more secure at stops. I believed my Corbin to be higher than standard. I ordered the Wunderlich standard seat and found it to be even higher. However, the added height eased my knee pain so I’m staying with it. What year is your bike? Someone came to look at the seat recently. We swapped our seats around and found that my bike seemed to be a little bit higher. Mine is an ‘08, his was a ‘14 I believe. My Corbin ended up not being high enough for him. I believe it is pretty close to Standard. Here is a photo next to my son’s Harley. Don’t know if this helps. Feel free to call me at 510.684.1354.
Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
My bike is a 2008 as well.

I would have no problem with a taller seat. I'll look into the Wunderlich seat. I didn't pay much for the bike, so if I buy a $600 seat and sell the BMW low seat, I may not go into sticker shock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jim, I've decided to listen to the voices and ordered a Wunderlich seat. So I'm out as a buyer for your seat. Thank you for posting the photos.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’ll take some more photos later. We’re kind of in the same boat. I initially wanted a lower seat so I felt a bit more secure at stops. I believed my Corbin to be higher than standard. I ordered the Wunderlich standard seat and found it to be even higher. However, the added height eased my knee pain so I’m staying with it. What year is your bike? Someone came to look at the seat recently. We swapped our seats around and found that my bike seemed to be a little bit higher. Mine is an ‘08, his was a ‘14 I believe. My Corbin ended up not being high enough for him. I believe it is pretty close to Standard. Here is a photo next to my son’s Harley. Don’t know if this helps. Feel free to call me at 510.684.1354.
Jim
View attachment 111871
Jim, who is the manufacturer of the crash bars fitted on your 12R?
Freddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Thanks. Good luck in finding the right seat. Hope you enjoy your bike. I had been out of riding for 30 years and really am enjoying the bike n
Jim, who is the manufacturer of the crash bars fitted on your 12R?
Freddie
Those are From Wunderlich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts