BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all guys!
I haven't been in touch for a long time.
This year I managed to visit the Crimea (the one under sanctions) and a month later I traveled all over Karelia with its incredible nature.
I am very happy to read everyone again. I'll show you the photos a little later.
About Crimea:
I decided to go there in the middle of spring, in April, as they say that it is in spring that Crimea is truly beautiful. Indeed, it is so. Light green meadows, waterfalls, colorful mountain slopes and of course the Black Sea (which is blue).

Water Sky Cloud Water resources Mountain

I visited a lot of beautiful places. I also visited the Sea of Azov. I was lucky with the weather, it was more than +22/24C degrees Celsius.
I can say that the roads are very good.

Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

About Karelia:
This is something incredible. I have never seen such a high forest. (probably in the USA, it is of course Higher in the reserve), But for the North of Russia ... I traveled around Lake Ladoga, visiting the holy island of Valaam, where the second Jerusalem is located. Impressive and very spiritually strong place - energetic.

Plant Water Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree

Karelia is famous for its immense beautiful northern nature, numerous waterfalls, running rivers and streams, enveloping huge stones and boulders sticking out of the ground. I also visited Sortavala and Vyborg (on the border with Finland (the Finns have a funny radio))
The road from Moscow to St. Petersburg is only 4.5 hours (650 km) - the speed limit is 150 km.
further after St. Petersburg, the northern serpentine is read, but not like what we are all used to, on a cliff. The serpentine goes through a rather hilly area along the coast of Lake Ladoga, sometimes the road is laid right in the low-lying rocks. A very interesting landscape, the whole of Karelia is one big volcano, all the trees are made of stones. The density of trees is so high that the whole forest looks black and green.

Cloud Sky Water Water resources Plant

Outcome:
I traveled 7500 km in two trains. of which 900 km was off road. Pirelli MT60 RS tires have proven themselves well. Better than Michelin Road 5.
There were no problems with the motorcycle. Last winter I installed a 1250 Adventure lower motor guard. (gets up like a native). Used a different windshield. I have also changed (sports seat with American gel and slightly changed landing for comfort).
I will post pictures gradually. (inst.: Vargas_evgeny)

(I used google translator).

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
2,084 Posts
Looks a great place to visit, are there no restrictions on travel with the war going on, especially to Ukraine?

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
116 Posts
Great write up, and beautiful pics - thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts