BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
R1200R LC 2015
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hive mind, I’ve just ridden the bike back from my local garage after having the ABS pump bled. When I activate the cruise control I press forward on the Set/Res button, green CC light comes on dash - all good. When I pull back on the Set/Res button, instead of reducing the speed it cuts the CC completely. Green light goes out - not good.
Anyone encountered this before?

· Registered
66 Posts
To initially set CC, don't you pull backwards on the Set/Res switch? Then after that, push forward to increase, pull back to reduce speed?

· Registered
191 Posts
To initially set CC, don't you pull backwards on the Set/Res switch? Then after that, push forward to increase, pull back to reduce speed?
With CC enabled with the main slider switch, forward or backward on the small toggle will engage CC if it has not been previously set. Thereafter click (or hold) the small toggle forward to increase and backward to decrease.
Sounds like the OP has a definite fault, maybe in the switch assembly.

· Mark – Super Moderator
2015 R1200R Exclusive
8,110 Posts
It’s a curious one as normally the only action at the switch lock that can cancel cruise control is to slide the on/off switch to the left.
Are you certain that switch is all the way to the right? Millennial solution - turn the switch off and on a few times.

· Registered
R1200R LC 2015
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gents!
I have tried the millennial option @Panzermann lol! I’ll see if it’s still misbehaving when next out, could easily be user error.
The garage did have it plugged in to diagnostic computer via the OBD port, nothing there that could’ve been pressed or upset?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts