BMW R1200R Forum banner

Cycle Cover for R1250RS

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  schminkel17 
#1 ·
Hi folks. I am a brand-new member having just taken delivery of a new '23 R1250RS this past Saturday. I'd like to get a good cover for it. The bike will live inside of my garage full-time. But my door is almost always open and things in the garage get dusty very quickly. I would like to get something with a bit of weather resistance but nothing terribly bulky. I'm thinking something that I can take along on a trip easily to throw over the bike during overnight stops.

I'm sort of leaning toward the Dowco Ultralite Plus. The problem is that I don't know what size to get. The RS is a fairly large bike but the wheelbase (overall length) isn't that great. The people at Dowco were of little help. I've read reviews and people will say, "The cover fit my bike perfectly." But they don't indicate WHAT SIZE. Very frustrating.

Any suggestions as to size and/or other makes/styles? Thanks in advance!

#7 · (Edited)
ROFL! Fancy meeting you here, Lee.
This is a good site. Most of the members own a R1200/1250R but a lot of the information pertains to the RS.
On the Dowco Ultralite Plus make sure it has heat resistant panels along the bottom so you. On their site I don't see that feature mentioned for the Ultralite Plus.
Steve mentioned the E-Z Touring covers. Good covers and what we use but in your other thread it sounds like they may cost more than what you originally wanted to spend.
They are in the $115 to $130 range. But, people change their minds :)
Here's the link

Debbie and I have the half cover Traveller A. Without the BMW top box the cover completely covers the side bags.
With the 30 liter BMW top box the cover is not big enough to completely cover the side bags and ends up slipping up over the top of the bags.
You don't have a top box, so not a problem.
Here's a picture of the covers with just the side bags.

Probably not what you're looking for but others might be interested.

#4 ·
Hello, welcome to the forum. a lot of great information here. I bought a cover for my 2013 R1200R at the Chief Joseph ride in John Day Oregon...and yes it's out in the middle of no where. Just how we like it. Company is EZ Touring out of Madras Oregon. Phone number is 541-475-3857 or 800-443-1443. Mine is the Wanderer B. Fits really snug with with side cases and top case attached. Fits well with out the luggage. I paid around 100 bucks. Very durable material, water proof. The best I have found. I'm thinking about buying one for my Road King when it's cover wears out.

#9 ·
Do you think the next size up would be too large? When I called they recommended size A for a 2016 R1200R with Top Case, no side cases, but based on their description it seems like that might be a bit too big. I've found on the RT forum size A is a good fit for the RT which sounds like it would be a bit too large for the R.

#8 ·
I have a Nelson Rigg size large cover on my R which I take on trips with me and use it when parking for long time in the sun. It doesn’t cover side cases but it does cover 47L Govi top box: it is possible if you get a L or XL it will cover the side cases without the top box. It protects from sun and rain, and compact enough to fit into a corner of my top box or side bag. Quality is good and it fits well over the bike. You can search the forum for my post.

I have another heavy duty cover by Dowco that I use when I have to park long term outdoors, but it is heavy and takes up a lot of space even when using the included compression bag. This one covers the R with barn door CalSci windshield, top box and Side cases. I originally bought it for a cruiser bike with side cases and a huge windshield.

Nelson Rigg UV-2000-02-MD Silver Medium UV-2000 Motorcycle Half Cover https://a.co/d/3FMLGbm

Dowco Guardian 50004-02 WeatherAll Plus Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof Motorcycle Cover: Black, X-Large https://a.co/d/8OO1fCx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.