1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I painted various bits of my 2014 DarkWhite:

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle

It was fun to make a paint booth out of plastic-sheeting. I two-toned the fairing, made the fairing mounts the same color as the frame, painted the valve covers black, the valve guards white, blackened the foot rests/controls, and (not pictured) put some white on the pannier lids (city lids) and hepco-becker top case.

LED upgrades all around. 10-year anniversary glow up, just a year or two early.

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Specifically, what was the paint you used on the valve cover guards? Are they the aluminum ones?
Hi Edward Deg, for those I used colorrite's "Alpine White 3"... same as the fairing. The guards are plastic from Machineart, originally black, and have removable rubber inserts where they contact the valve cover.

I have no idea what the heat will do to the color/paint on the guards. I hope "not much", but fully expect them to turn yellow, explode, or similar.

• Haha
Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
157 Posts
Hi Edward Deg, for those I used colorrite's "Alpine White 3"... same as the fairing. The guards are plastic from Machineart, originally black, and have removable rubber inserts where they contact the valve cover.

I have no idea what the heat will do to the color/paint on the guards. I hope "not much", but fully expect them to turn yellow, explode, or similar.
I have BMW aluminum guards, natural alum color. I had the valve covers powder coated matt black. curious about the white accent look for the covers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi all, I painted various bits of my 2014 DarkWhite:

View attachment 116741

It was fun to make a paint booth out of plastic-sheeting. I two-toned the fairing, made the fairing mounts the same color as the frame, painted the valve covers black, the valve guards white, blackened the foot rests/controls, and (not pictured) put some white on the pannier lids (city lids) and hepco-becker top case.

LED upgrades all around. 10-year anniversary glow up, just a year or two early.
Nice bike. The classic white BMWs had black pinstriping. I tred how it would look on a R1200R.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice bike. The classic white BMWs had black pinstriping. I tred how it would look on a R1200R.
Neat! I've looked at pinstriping quite a bit, but can't figure out how to keep these bikes looking modern when pinstripes are added. I'll keep trying though, cheap and easy to imagine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts