BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It's not well known, but after the TV show ended, Lassie entered a downward spiral that could only be described as woffully tragic. Her relationship with Timmy entered the "it's not me, it's you" stage, and reportedly Timmy's last words to her were, "Fetch, girl," throwing a lime green tennis ball, but when Lassie turned to return the ball, Timmy was gone. Poof.
Each day becoming more despondent, she started to lose her coat and her tongue enlarged to grotesque proportions.
"What's that, girl"
woof woof
"You say, Screw this town?
Woof woff
" And Timmy was two faced?"
Woof
She went downhill, started hanging out at the Pasedena Animal Shelter. She ate dry dog food. Then it was scrounging for half eaten burritos behind Taco Bell. It was howlable what the jalapeños did to her. She became involved with a pit bull, named Buster, but he was just using her to show off to the other dogs. He dropped her that she was on fire, when a hussy yorkie mix gave him a sideways glance. That's all it takes for some!

And that's when the kibbles hit the bits. Lassie entered menopause.
Woof woof
"You say it's hot in here, girl?"
woof,
"Of course you don't look fat, girl"
"come on, girl, why the long face?
grrrr
"just kidding, girl, trying to cheer yu up, ya'know? Fetch!"

That was years ago, and I lost track of her until she showed up on Ranker.com.
Come on home, girl, I'll turn up the AC, Timmy wants to play fetch.

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
Hey @mikeS - I saw this on Canberra Buy/Sell/Swap and thought of you in case you were considering upgrading from the pesky, demanding Nigel.

Maybe you could reuse the packaging and send Nigel to some ‘more deserving’ owner. I could suggest some destinations if you wish ...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Lassie - assumed to be female - was actually LADDIE - deffo a male! With a cluster....

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
But 'she' clearly identified as female, which she's quite entitled to do ...
NO! We yoomans identified him as female. I bleeve there were about eight (8) English Rough Collies actually used over time in the 1950's and beyond fillums featuring these lovely dogs, all males, all Laddies, all called 'Lassie'. They are gorgeous creatures, but I very rarely see one these days. I'd love one, even though my equally-gorgeous Shetland Sheepdog Honey (you goddit, it's a boy!) is remarkably like a smaller cut-down version of Lassie. In fact, if I had a dollar for every time I hear "Lassie" when out with him - which is very often - I'd be able to afford another. Or an R1250 R!

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's not well known, but after the TV show ended, Lassie entered a downward spiral that could only be described as woffully tragic. Her relationship with Timmy entered the "it's not me, it's you" stage, and reportedly Timmy's last words to her were, "Fetch, girl," throwing a lime green tennis ball, but when Lassie turned to return the ball, Timmy was gone. Poof.
Each day becoming more despondent, she started to lose her coat and her tongue enlarged to grotesque proportions.
"What's that, girl"
woof woof
"You say, Screw this town?
Woof woff
" And Timmy was two faced?"
Woof
She went downhill, started hanging out at the Pasedena Animal Shelter. She ate dry dog food. Then it was scrounging for half eaten burritos behind Taco Bell. It was howlable what the jalapeños did to her. She became involved with a pit bull, named Buster, but he was just using her to show off to the other dogs. He dropped her that she was on fire, when a hussy yorkie mix gave him a sideways glance. That's all it takes for some!

And that's when the kibbles hit the bits. Lassie entered menopause.
Woof woof
"You say it's hot in here, girl?"
woof,
"Of course you don't look fat, girl"
"come on, girl, why the long face?
grrrr
"just kidding, girl, trying to cheer yu up, ya'know? Fetch!"

That was years ago, and I lost track of her until she showed up on Ranker.com.
Come on home, girl, I'll turn up the AC, Timmy wants to play fetch.
As someone who took in two shelter dogs, I found that joke both funny and highly disturbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
You should try to get those two doggies to relax more!

·
Registered
49 Posts
NO! We yoomans identified him as female. I bleeve there were about eight (8) English Rough Collies actually used over time in the 1950's and beyond fillums featuring these lovely dogs, all males, all Laddies, all called 'Lassie'. They are gorgeous creatures, but I very rarely see one these days. I'd love one, even though my equally-gorgeous Shetland Sheepdog Honey (you goddit, it's a boy!) is remarkably like a smaller cut-down version of Lassie. In fact, if I had a dollar for every time I hear "Lassie" when out with him - which is very often - I'd be able to afford another. Or an R1250 R!
Tango-Alpha-Zulu approves.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Wait...you forget that Jeff and Porky were ditched by Lassie.... Just before she took up with that little tramp, Timmy.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Right, and she (he, whatever) ditched Jeff like she stole him. True dat!

There was a rumor that between Jeff and Timmy, she was "giving kisses" to Sky King, and Jim Cassady, thereafter known as "Hopalong" Cassady. Lassie was a real piece of work, not the pup you bring home to mother.
There are some scurrilous stories about a party Lassie attended with Midnight the Cat ("Niiice") and Froggy the Gremlin (Plunk your magic "twanger," Froggy! ... Hiya, kids, Hiya, Hiya!) after Smilin' Ed Mc Connell lost the Buster Brown gig to Andy Devine. Rin Tin Tin, in his memoir, The Treats of Wrath, reports lots of catnip and "heart worm medicine" (nudge, nudge, wink wink, say no more), but because this is a family forum, I'm not going there. That would be about 1955ish. Squeaky the Mouse was not there because he's Baptist and was visiting a young Richard Gere in Philadelphia. Squeaky was never seen again (fun fact).

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Lovely - a young Border Collie if I'm not mistook. By scientific agreement, the #1 breed (not individual dog) for intelligence. My SS - who shares 95% of the DNA of a BC - comes in at a modest #6 of the 151 breeds tested. He has never seen snow, to my great regret - I reckon he'd love it..

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
I have both a dog and a cat but I realise that even a chicken is smarter than a dog. Haven't laughed so much for a long time, this was made before the world went mad.
Don't forget, though - every dog has its day, and a dog rather than a chicken is man's best friend ...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lovely - a young Border Collie if I'm not mistook. By scientific agreement, the #1 breed (not individual dog) for intelligence. My SS - who shares 95% of the DNA of a BC - comes in at a modest #6 of the 151 breeds tested. He has never seen snow, to my great regret - I reckon he'd love it..
Thanks, L of S. Close call, but Tango is actually an Australian Shepherd (what a misnomer) but very much like a Border Collie without a tail. Considering his ability to control the household he seems equally smart.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Thanks for correcting me, foggy. Not sure that I have ever seen an Australian Shepherd - but what I do see a few of here are Swiss Shepherds (this is true!) - exact same shape and size and appearance of a German Shepherd but snow white all over. Not an albino, but a 100% proof real individual breed! Also lovely - until they get into mud!

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
That dog looks like it has a bad case of worms, @mikeS (normally why they would do that). Probably owned by a clueless cat owner.
Much more likely is that the house-owner has just put down new carpet.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
That dog looks like it has a bad case of worms, @mikeS (normally why they would do that). Probably owned by a clueless cat owner.

You might want to invest one of this little low maintenance beauties to clean up after your two pooches - skid & marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 99 Posts