BMW R1200R Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have a technical question for those in the cat contingent. I understand that cats have a built in inertial motion sensor that enables them to land on their feet, even if dropped from an inverted position. What I wonder is whether a cat launched at the ceiling would hit the ceiling feet first or on its back? In other words, is the feet first dynamic a function of gravity or direction of movement? Bonus question: What is best method for launching a cat at the ceiling?
My previous answer notwithstanding, a cat would never reach the ceiling because it'd have hooked its claws into your eye-sockets on the way by, then flipped you over so that you'd land on the floor first, underneath it. It's the first corollary to Schrödinger's cat experiment.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
THIS is what I call a cat (with a dog)... Long story short - both brought up together since they were pups.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Trailer Park Boys fan?
I've seen the odd episode of TPBs. I gotta admit when watching an episode of TPBs the most entertaining is watching my wife cringe and her gobsmacked looks she gives me when I laugh. I enjoy a wide range of humour styles that less mainstream and little offbeat or slightly awkward. I can't pick a favourite but Karl Killington - Ricky Gervais always does for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've seen the odd episode of TPBs. I gotta admit when watching an episode of TPBs the most entertaining is watching my wife cringe and her gobsmacked looks she gives me when I laugh.
Mine just gets up and leaves the room. My younger daughter, on the other hand, has a proper Canadian sense of humour. We binge-watch TPB together.

You should probably try out Nikki Payne on the Naughty Show, maybe first time with your wife absent. There's a rumour that we're remotely related (same surname). Probably explains a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
a hyperactive cat can be fun, but can't motivate its master to get out into the fresh air and take a walk like a pooch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 99 of 99 Posts