BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the news that Royal Enfield will extend their warranty to beyond the lockdown for those affected I thought I would ask Ducati if they would do the same for my Monster. Reply from Ducati was (in layman's speak) **** off, not our fault you cant use your bike.
I'm a bit disappointed as they will expect me to pay for a full service at the two year point.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
It would be difficult for manufactures to extend warranties as a lot of riders have been able to continue to use their bikes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My condolences to you as a Ducati owner from a previous owner of an XDiavel S that was constantly broken from new. The story is long and gory, but the final straw was that Ducati said the continual need to bleed my rear brake to eliminate the soft pedal after 6-800 miles was a maintenance issue not covered under my warranty.
They told me to F*** off as well.
My solution, R1250R....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My condolences to you as a Ducati owner from a previous owner of an XDiavel S that was constantly broken from new. The story is long and gory, but the final straw was that Ducati said the continual need to bleed my rear brake to eliminate the soft pedal after 6-800 miles was a maintenance issue not covered under my warranty.
They told me to F*** off as well.
My solution, R1250R....
My monster has only had a fuel gauge problem (inaccurate) and that was fixed without issue. I'm just hoping that my dealer will cut me some slack if there is a problem within a reasonable time after the warranty has ended. It's a great bike to ride so I hope I don't have any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts