BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went up the street from my house and put a Delkevic slip-on in my backpack, paid less than $200 and it has the quiet baffle in. Sounds good and very quiet.
Oh and it took less than 20 minutes to put on.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is your objective in changing the exhaust? If you want to make your bike sound different or to personalize it you will meet the objective by changing the exhaust. If you're trying to get more power you won't be happy. From the dyno sheets I've seen, power gains will be minimal, at the top of the rev range, and probably be accompanied by a corresponding power loss at lower RPMs. You will, however, probably see a weight loss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is your objective in changing the exhaust? If you want to make your bike sound different or to personalize it you will meet the objective by changing the exhaust. If you're trying to get more power you won't be happy. From the dyno sheets I've seen, power gains will be minimal, at the top of the rev range, and probably be accompanied by a corresponding power loss at lower RPMs. You will, however, probably see a weight loss.
I like the weight loss, the one I get is quieter and I can add an even quieter baffle, mine was dented and looked bad, this one gives me more access to cleaning the rim (all my other bikes had chains and this gave me better access to cleaning/lubing that as well).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts