1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about options to use the space here:

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Since the one-part saddle is a bit cumbersome to lift all the time, this area would be perfect for fitting some case or bag to hold the brake disk lock and a small bottle of water. Did a bigger mind than mine ever come up with the same idea and make it happen?

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it were me I would not put anything close to the rear wheel. If it were to come loose it would be ingested by the wheel and could cause the rear wheel to lock up, which would not be good.

I’d suggest a small tank bag or tail bag.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that would not be good. That's why I am looking for known good options.
The mounts of the footpegs could perhaps be used for it, to guarantee a steady fixation.
The space is enormous, it is pity to do nothing with it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
For that particularly ill-considered idea I'm going to quote someone else on this list:

"Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For that particularly ill-considered idea I'm going to quote someone else on this list:

"Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle."
Haha! :ROFLMAO: Touché...

I am unsure why some people consider this an ill idea. There is a lot of DIY going around here, and besides the stupid and dangerous mods there are a lot of well-designed and well-constructed projects. I don't see why using that space could not be done on a well-designed and well-constructed manner. There even could be some well-thought-out aftermarket contraption for this, but I guess the RxxR is not popular enough for that.

Besides that, rest assured that I am NOT looking for the bad and ill constructed options, but for a well-designed and well-constructed option, IF there might be one.

Reactions: Aanderso95

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks like a bad place to carry your chocolate candy bars :)

·
Registered
Beatrice - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
100 Posts
I was thinking about options to use the space here:

View attachment 112869

Since the one-part saddle is a bit cumbersome to lift all the time, this area would be perfect for fitting some case or bag to hold the brake disk lock and a small bottle of water. Did a bigger mind than mine ever come up with the same idea and make it happen?
Check this bag from Wunderlich: R1200/1250 GS GSA - Wunderlich Quick Release Subframe DRYBAG Set (wunderlichamerica.com) It isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you might be able to adopt it. Also check their other options.

P.S. I'm in the camp of not putting things where they can get caught in the wheel or get jammed between suspension and the rest of the moving parts. :geek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts