BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first decent ride in on Sunday. Rode down to the beach for lunch. About 250 miles of Highway and secondary roads. Temps in the mid 40's. Roads were clear. Traffic was non existant. Only a short stretch of drizzle. New heated jacket and glove liners working well.

Man is this bike good!!

It has way more power than I should be allowed to have. Even with the stock shocks it handles really well. You can flick it from side to side with just a thought. It eats freeway miles like I eat Girl Scout Somoas cookies.

I am ready for summer to get here. Planning a trip to Glacier National Park, then up to Banff, over to Jasper and back home down the Fraser River and Vancouver Island.

Premium Member
I've managed a few short rides but even though I've avoided the rain the roads have still been damp so I couldn't enjoy the bendy bits fully. Can't wait to get out there and use the R12 properly.

Registered
A friend and I coming home from a Boston to Toronto Canada trip got caught in a heavy thunderstorm downpour. We could tell it was coming so we pulled over and put on our rainsuits over our riding suits. The bike handled like a charm in the downpour. We slowed down from 80mph to 55. I obviously turned on the throttle at a much slower/steady pace and was easy on the brakes early etc. Not a single incident of losing traction or uneasiness. The bike handled the conditions perfectly.

Premium Member
I've ridden Chicago highways in pouring rain. Going the speed of traffic. The bike just works.

Premium Member
Watching the news babe's all reporting from NYC indicating that that you're about to be buried by snowmagedden.

Premium Member
The drifts are now about an 1" deep. OMG

Premium Member
What? You've never heard of the snowmosexual agenda? :)

Premium Member
:funnypost:

Premium Member
It's funny, Hoshiko, how the snow makes your BMW look almost like a weeny bicycle.

Registered
:funnypost:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It wasn't that bad to be honest, I took a small walk yesterday around the neighborhood.
NOT THAT BAD???!!!

I'm sure Pat Roberson has earmarked at least 10% of his tithings to aid for the Northeast... :dizzy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts