BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
I'd suggest comparing the RDC readings with a manual gauge when the tyres are cold (~20⁰C) before jumping to any conclusions regarding the RDC or the bike. You ride an R1200R-LC, so your glass is at least half full rather than half empty, @Maripon.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Has anyone here used the aftermarket TPMS kit, which has small 'sensors' which screw onto each valve stem (must be steel, I've been told), with a small wireless-connected digital read-out on the h/bar. I'd like to know as I'm planning to fit new cast/ spoked wheels onto my R9T in place of those godawful OE tubeless-tyres-with-tubes: whatever was Motorrad thinking of when specifying such a retrograde and frankly unsafe thing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Maripon,

Interesting turn of events, and I look forward to finding out what has happened.
...The front was reading 2.7. ...
Is your front tpm reading high, or is 2.7 bar your preferred front pressure?
I know mine can creep up as the tyre gets warm (the temperature compensation might be a little off somewhere?), but just wondered whether you're getting 'funny readings' from both sensors, not just the rear.

Mike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Has anyone here used the aftermarket TPMS kit, which has small 'sensors' which screw onto each valve stem (must be steel, I've been told), with a small wireless-connected digital read-out on the h/bar. I'd like to know as I'm planning to fit new cast/ spoked wheels onto my R9T in place of those godawful OE tubeless-tyres-with-tubes: whatever was Motorrad thinking of when specifying such a retrograde and frankly unsafe thing!
I think the issue is how the CANBUS system reacts to the TPMS by BMW not being there. If the system would accept the inputs from that, you’d be fine. Otherwise, expect low pressure warnings you can’t shut off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Maripon,

Interesting turn of events, and I look forward to finding out what has happened.

Is your front tpm reading high, or is 2.7 bar your preferred front pressure?
I know mine can creep up as the tyre gets warm (the temperature compensation might be a little off somewhere?), but just wondered whether you're getting 'funny readings' from both sensors, not just the rear.

Mike.
Good afternoon,

If you recall Wed was a hot day. I had been travelling quite quickly, so the pressure was on the high side.
I have booked my bike in at Rybrook to have them checked out.
Generally I have had no problems with my previous 2 BMWs, but this one is different.

Mark

21 - 25 of 25 Posts