BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 BMW R1200R
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in this group know if it's possible to reposition the foot pegs on the R1200R, or if there's any suitable aftermarket products?
I find that when I'm holding my bike up, my feet want to be exactly beneath where the foot pegs are. So I either have to place my feet in front or behind them or put my feet further out and let them dig into the sides of my calves like riding spurs on a horse! This was also an issue with my old R1150RS, but I learned to live with it. Curiously, I never had this issue with my old airhead.
I think the best approach would be to move them rearwards. But I'm wondering if repositioning or getting new brake and clutch pedals would be too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
50 Posts
I am interested in the same thing. I know Wunderlich has those, but everything with a Wunderlich logo is quite expensive...
For me a bit farther to the front would probably even be better.

I noticed in your signature an extra-low seat is mentioned. Would a bit higher seat not be better instead of lowering the pegs? It strikes me as odd to have such short legs that an extra low seat is needed, but have them long enough to want to lower the pegs at the same time.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
There are several:

SW Motech EVO
Suburban Machinery
Knight Design
Wunderlich Vario

·
Registered
2011 BMW R1200R
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am interested in the same thing. I know Wunderlich has those, but everything with a Wunderlich logo is quite expensive...
For me a bit farther to the front would probably even be better.

I noticed in your signature an extra-low seat is mentioned. Would a bit higher seat not be better instead of lowering the pegs? It strikes me as odd to have such short legs that an extra low seat is needed, but have them long enough to want to lower the pegs at the same time.
Not lower. You're right that would be weird. Moving them forward or back is what I want to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts