BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘12 R1200R Classic | ‘15 R1200RT | ‘13 F800GT
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time BMW rider but my recently-acquired ‘12 Classic is new to me.

I just installed the Wunderlich foot peg lowering kit and couldn’t be more pleased. Quick and easy installation. With the high Comfort seat, the bike is now about as roomy as my ‘15 RT, also with high Comfort seat and lowered pegs. For reference, I’m 6’6” (about 1,98) with a 36” inseam.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Waited too long before I did the same. These old hip joints rejoiced within hours of fitting!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you guys get the Vario or the Ergo model? In case it is the Vario, which length adapter did you find most comfortable (25, 30 or 50 mm)?
i have a 35 in inseam and I’ve already raised my seat ( 830 mm from the floor) but still need to find a bit more comfort for my legs. I guess lowered footpegs is the next logical step. I waited to test out a higher seat first because the standard footrests occasionally drag. Have you experienced increased dragging with lowered footrests?

·
Registered
‘12 R1200R Classic | ‘15 R1200RT | ‘13 F800GT
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the Ergo. They were difficult to find and Wunderlich America is back-ordered 6 weeks, but I got lucky and found them sitting on a dealer’s shelf halfway across the country. No issues with dragging either the lowered pegs or my boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts