BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the spring clips that slide over the disc pad retaining pin can be sourced
other than buy purchasing from BMW the "pin, rattle plate, and spring clip) sold as one item at the
bargain price of $46 AUD?

Ie. I am wanting just the spring clip... see photo
Microphone Audio equipment Font Eyelash Electronic device

·
Premium Member
2016 R1200R
21 Posts
It looks like the one on the Harley brembo off the dressers…not sure of that helps you find one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it seems like the Harley V-rod has the same caliper system but parts unavailable in Oz from Harley dealers. But thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just out of morbid curiosity what happened to the original?

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,898 Posts
Probably to the Bermuda Triangle that every garage/driveway has.
One of mine somehow went astray while I had the pads out - I bent up a ‘new’ one from some springy steel wire I happened to have. It’s just a security clip in case the pin somehow works loose (not tightened properly) so it doesn’t need to be absolutely identical.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably to the Bermuda Triangle that every garage/driveway has.
A fair question. Doubt it came off while riding and doubt even more I didn't replace it when cleaning calipers. There is a third possibility, which is... those clips are easily removed by hand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A fair question. Doubt it came off while riding and doubt even more I didn't replace it when cleaning calipers. There is a third possibility, which is... those clips are easily removed by hand.
Damn…if some scoundrel purposely removed that clip without your knowledge, the universe should direct some very bad karma their way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts