BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is mostly a feeler but for the right money I will let her go. I absolutely love this bike and it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, unfortunately just don't have time. Rode it twice this past year.
Bike is in great shape. Comes with BMW panniers, CRG bar end mirrors, and GPR exhaust. Mostly serviced by BMW except for the last oil change, which I did myself.
Tires still have plenty of meat, but they are original so new ones will be installed if I keep it.
Asking $7200. More pics here. Log into Facebook
PM or email if interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is mostly a feeler but for the right money I will let her go. I absolutely love this bike and it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, unfortunately just don't have time. Rode it twice this past year.
Bike is in great shape. Comes with BMW panniers, CRG bar end mirrors, and GPR exhaust. Mostly serviced by BMW except for the last oil change, which I did myself.
Tires still have plenty of meat, but they are original so new ones will be installed if I keep it.
Asking $7500. PM or email if interested. [email protected]
View attachment 109958 View attachment 109959

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's a great price, I would not go much lower without some really good reason. I have a 2014 R1200R, they are spectacular bikes!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a great price, I would not go much lower without some really good reason. I have a 2014 R1200R, they are spectacular bikes!
Thanks. I agree. I've had many bikes and this has been my favorite and will gladly keep it if I don't get my asking price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have that exact same bike only 2013. It’s a keeper. Great ride!
Good luck and hold your price firm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same year and model here too! Lots of love for this bike and I've only put 1,200 miles on it before Winter set in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumping up this post. Changed the oil in May and haven't ridden it since. Just don't have the time. It's a shame to keep her in the garage.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Too bad, I would be knocking at your door now… but I’m west coast.

Great ride!
One of the last bikes I bought was from New Jersey… Had it shipped to Alabama for $450! I would love to have this ride… But I already have a 2011 classic in the stable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Dave in NE TN
1,339 Posts
Hey Hey Brian, haven't seen you here in a while!

Cheers, Dave

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Hey Brain, good to hear from you.

I'm still running the seat I bought from you..

I had it recovered and added a heated seat kit. Fits me great.

Stay safe.

Steve

·
Registered
Nick - 2016 R1200R
28 Posts
Sounds like you are making excuses for an epic 4700km road trip?😜. Just kidding, but it would be a nice way to bond with a new motorcycle.
Lol, love the idea! I could use a break from work :cool:

Brian's idea has me thinking though. I'm renewing my DL next week (10y without riding) and will seriously start looking at options. I'm not against having it shipped if you're open to that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's interesting. I'd have said the same thing, however, here in the northeast, I've seen similar aged R's going for around $5k, much to my surprise.
Before I bought my '11 classic, I rode one that Max's was selling. They wanted $8,200 for a '12 with 30+k miles, panniers, no top case.

What I'm wondering.....I assume the "classic" models sold for a little bit more new. Are they fetching a grand or more used, in the 7 - 10 year old age range than their alloy wheel twins?

I'm not in any way interested in selling mine, just generally curious as someone who has bought and sold several bikes in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like you are making excuses for an epic 4700km road trip?😜. Just kidding, but it would be a nice way to bond with a new motorcycle.
Just by chance, did you happen to meet Itchy Boots riding through your country recently? Her YouTube channel is one continuous adventure after another.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just by chance, did you happen to meet Itchy Boots riding through your country recently? Her YouTube channel is one continuous adventure after another.
Unfortunately not. She started in Johannesburg where I am staying and even bought her motorcycle at the dealer where I bought one (our customer experience were completely opposite, story for another day), but by the time her first episodes aired she was already in a different province to mine.

I loved the series and how it showcased the beautiful nature of South Africa.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts