BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW R1200R Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 R1200R "Dark White" Edition

• Low Miles - only 11,995 miles! (12,000 Miles service already completed)
  • ASC - Automatic Stability Control (Traction Control - Not Standard)
  • ZTechnik - Touring Windshield
  • BMW Luggage Rack for side and top cases
  • BMW Sidecases included.

Asking Price: $ 7,999

Contact me for the details, including what the Dark White package add-ons are and of course lots more pictures.

- [email protected]

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
102 Posts
You didn't get this from Kissel BMW in PA by any chance, 2,3 years ago, it's looks familiar.
How did you like the windscreen?

·
Registered
2014 BMW R1200R Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't get this from Kissel BMW in PA by any chance, 2,3 years ago, it's looks familiar.
How did you like the windscreen?
No I bought the bike from a Dealer in WI in Feb. 2021. I have only put a couple hundred miles on it, before I bought my other 2014 R1200R Classic. Not allowed to keep both, so this one is going. Nothing wrong with the Dark White in any way, but the Classic one was a bit of a barn find with only 2,800 miles on it and in showroom condition.

The windscreen is nice for longer trips... I only use a BMW sport screen on my other one. With the wind protection I tend to be going 85 before I realize it. I am 6'3, so the tall windscreen will definitely protect an average size rider since the wind hits the top of my helmet, but not an irritating way. (Schuberth C3 Pro) I will probably get one for longer trips on my Classic model.

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
102 Posts
I'm a hair under 6' and all the sport windscreen does is create noise into my helmet.
Other than that I like my Dark White, it suits me. Good all around bike, easy, economical to maintain.

·
Registered
2014 BMW R1200R Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The little sport windshield offers no wind protection for me. The wind hits my chest and helmet, but the air is "clean" so no noise. I actually prefer naked bikes, because I like the look of the bikes that way and the feel of the air. It also keeps my throttle hand in check. The Dark White is a really good looking bike, since the white body work is set off by the blacked out engine parts. It makes the color really pop. The Telelever and the boxer engine make this bike look classic, but so distinctively BMW. Oh yeah and the R1200Rs just run great. :cool:

·
Dave in NE TN
1,339 Posts
The '14 DarkWhite is my favorite camhead. I wish I was in a position to take it off your hands. Best wishes with sale!!

Cheers, Dave

Reactions: AirBeemer

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
38 Posts
Fun to see that there seem to be so many versions. I have this Dark White 2012, but with alu-grey cardan and grey rims and telelever.
Also the suspension springs are white, which matches the paint color nicely.
But yours looks splendid too, should be no problem to sell. Good luck!

·
Registered
2014 BMW R1200R Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi MotoCon,

BMW did not offer a "Dark White" in 2012. Here is a great link to the 2012 models:

Your motorcycle is the Alpine White version of the standard model. The motor and all the technology is pretty much the same, but in 2014 they finally gave up on the fuel strip and let us figure out how much fuel we have left by using the trip milage meter 😆

The Dark White package in 2014 included:

255R1200R DarkWhite: including color Light White (NB5), sport seat (252) and sport windshield (560)$600

• Light white paintwork on front mudguard, fuel tank, taillight cover, headlight cover and fairings.
• Drivetrain and wheels in black.
• Frame in asphalt grey.
• Swingarm, rear axle housing and triangular wishbone in matt black.
• Black anodized fork tube.

So besides the slightly different color, the seat and the windshield, it was pretty much a Standard model as well.

The effect is the same though... a giant smile as we ride down the road :) Cheers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
BMW did not offer a "Dark White" in 2012. Here is a great link to the 2012 models:
Your motorcycle is the Alpine White version of the standard model.
Hmm, you got me thinking...
The color I have is a very light greyish metallic kind of white. Therfore the term "Dark White" strikes as being the color I have. The link you gave is probably for the US models. I took a local google search and see this:

Leverbare kleurenlightgrey-metallic, rauchgrau-metallic, redapple-metallic, Classic saphirschwarzmetallic / alpinweiss

It seems that Alpine White is the white colour that accompanies the Black on the Classic model, leaving Lightgrey Metallic and Smokegrey metallic as the possible options. for my bike. Thnking the lightgrey is probably lighter that the smokegrey, I think mine is the lighgrey one, but I can't be really sure.

Can a color be searched for on VIN number somewhere perhaps?

Reactions: GenlJuba

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hmm, you got me thinking...
The color I have is a very light greyish metallic kind of white. Therfore the term "Dark White" strikes as being the color I have. The link you gave is probably for the US models. I took a local google search and see this:

Leverbare kleurenlightgrey-metallic, rauchgrau-metallic, redapple-metallic, Classic saphirschwarzmetallic / alpinweiss

It seems that Alpine White is the white colour that accompanies the Black on the Classic model, leaving Lightgrey Metallic and Smokegrey metallic as the possible options. for my bike. Thnking the lightgrey is probably lighter that the smokegrey, I think mine is the lighgrey one, but I can't be really sure.

Can a color be searched for on VIN number somewhere perhaps?
Yes, with the help of Google there are various websites that one can use to search a BMW vin which will give you the build specs, with paint colour and code being one of it.

·
Registered
233 Posts

It will even tell you the day it was built, which might be important if you are superstitious about motorcycles being built on a Friday (such as mine 😬) 😂

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, this is helpful and sorts my color-problem:

BUT: mine is a monday-morning bike! :ROFLMAO:

The website also shows a lot of BS by the way...

I guess I need to go to my local BMW dealer to ask them about my CD player, roofrail, airco and carphone... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Light Grey Metallic N38 was offered in the US as a 2013 new color. Maybe we are a year behind Europe 😉
Still I can't find the paint color code for Dark White. In pictures it looks exactly the same, but I guess the Dark White is really plain white.
The name is perhaps more for the combination of black parts on the bike. There are a lot more black parts on the Dark Whites then on the Light Grey Metallics (Rims, Forks, Telelever, I think Cardan too).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 BMW R1200R Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still I can't find the paint color code for Dark White. In pictures it looks exactly the same, but I guess the Dark White is really plain white.
The name is perhaps more for the combination of black parts on the bike. There are a lot more black parts on the Dark Whites then on the Light Grey Metallics (Rims, Forks, Telelever, I think Cardan too).

View attachment 112822 View attachment 112824
The paint code is Light White (NB5)

As per description in the Special Package section:

·
Dave in NE TN
1,339 Posts
Correct.

Cheers, Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts