BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a fuel gauge issue where the fuel is stuck on full? Filled the tank up yesterday with about 100 miles out from Asheville. I thought it was odd that when I arrived in Asheville that the gauge still showed full and miles left to empty as 250 miles! I filled the tank up this morning as it must have been nearly empty (I put in 4+ gallons) when it still shows as full. Rode another 175 miles and it still shows as full.

Anyone experience this one? This just started happening yesterday after I filled up at a station on the way out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Has anyone seen a fuel gauge issue where the fuel is stuck on full? Filled the tank up yesterday with about 100 miles out from Asheville. I thought it was odd that when I arrived in Asheville that the gauge still showed full and miles left to empty as 250 miles! I filled the tank up this morning as it must have been nearly empty (I put in 4+ gallons) when it still shows as full. Rode another 175 miles and it still shows as full.

Anyone experience this one? This just started happening yesterday after I filled up at a station on the way out.
clarksas...unfortunately, your fuel gauge issue is by no means unique. I'm confident a search of that specific topic on this forum will provide much insight, and potential resoultion.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
yes, please do a search.
Google it and you'll get many hits.
If you think this is a safety issue, and many owners do, your owner's manual advises you to file a report with the NHTSA. You can do it online and it's easy.
Yours is a common issue. Many have been through many fuel strips.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts