BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across this issue on another site.

"In case you have not heard there is an issue with the fuel pump flanges on BMW R1200 series and K1200/1300 series bikes. Where the female quick disconnect fitting screws into the plastic fuel pump flange cracks are being found on the threaded boss and some guys are getting leaks as well. These clamps work especially well if you have cracks but not a leak yet or if you want to prevent cracks from starting."

Has anybody had to do this repair?
Does it effect the R1200R's?

Beemer Boneyard sell's a repair kit(clamp) for $35, anybody had experience with this?
R1200/ K1200/1300 Fuel Pump Flange Repair Clamp

Thanks
Mark
07 R1200R

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been suggested that I'm a spammer.I can assure you I'm not!
I have no interest in the BeemerBone yard other than as a potential parts supplier to me, for my Boxers.....OK!
30 years riding BMW's the length and breadth of this brown land on an 82 R100 and my new to me 07 R1200R.
I live in Canberra ACT Australia.
Spammers **** me too!

Now back to the original question...fuel pump cracking
I have found some very good info at The dreaded R1200RT Fuel Pump Leak Strikes Again - BMWSportTouring Forums
I does effect the R1200R.
I checked mine out with a torch and small mirror(like the Dentists use except bigger) and I suspect it has the starting of some cracking so I have ordered to repair kit and after this weekends ride I'll take the tank off for a closer inspection.
Cheers
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
WELCOME to the R1200R Forum!
Hope you don't ever have any gasoline leaking out. I was in a panic when I read you used a torch around a possible gas leak, but a quick dictionary check enlightened me that meant flashlight in Australia. Whew! relieved.

RealOEM.com * BMW K27 R 1200 R 11 (0400,0490) Fuel pump and fuel level sensor
Like B.Webster, I have not read of this problem on the R1200R, but it would be just one more reason to NOT replace a defective fuel strip.
The fuel filter is external mounted now, so until the fuel pump needs replacement, one may not even need to fiddle with those flange quick disconnects. If one doesn't move them, they probably won't self destruct.
In any event,
Please post the repair kit procedure with photos, as I believe that's a first for this Forum. Always glad to have a "hands on" veteran rider that works on his own bike.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
WELCOME to the R1200R Forum!

Please post the repair kit procedure with photos, as I believe that's a first for this Forum. Always glad to have a "hands on" veteran rider that works on his own bike.
I too - a fellow Aussie - would like to see some pix, etc., as right now I wouldn't know where to even start looking!

Aaaarrrgggghhhh! - something else to worry about and spend money on. When will it all end...?
:mad:
L of S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts