BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Last refrigerator I bought, the sales critter tried to convince me to buy one with a stainless front. I asked him what was the point of 'stainless', given that the front of the showroom model was covered in fingerprints. And then I asked him how I'd be able to stick pictures of my granddaughters, and their artwork, and grocery lists to the front of it, using my enormous collection of fridge magnets. Then I went elsewhere and bought a white one with a proper steel door.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Someone just take the thing off and look at the underside, to settle the argument. I nominate @Panzermann :grin2:

If I actually cared what it was, I'd do it myself.

Or even simpler, just drill some holes in it and look through the section.

For detail instructions, just follow the example below ........................

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
Someone just take the thing off and look at the underside, to settle the argument. I nominate @Panzermann :grin2:
I have done so numerous times in tinkering with and maintaining my machine and can confirm it is, in fact, metal. Not being a metallurgist I can't confirm its exact composition, but it has low malleability and is not ferromagnetic, so I expect BMW is not telling porkies when they say it is stainless steel.

Most people think I just talk drivel, so I was searching for corroborating evidence ...

:nerd:

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Most people think I just talk drivel, so I was searching for corroborating evidence ...:nerd:
That you do, or do not...? :laugh2:

Reactions: Panzermann
21 - 26 of 26 Posts