BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not impressed so far with so called German quality or reliability. Noticed a few oil drops on my garage floor last week so on Saturday took the bike to my dealer to investigate. It looked like it was coming from under the sump plate, anyway the dealer just called and told me it had a serious gearbox oil leak and they were going to have to take out the engine to fix it.
I can understand if the bike had several tens of thousands of kilometers on the clock, but it only has 12000kms.
It won't cost me anything as its still under warranty, but I'm really disappointed that this can happen to such a new bike and a BMW at that.
Has anyone else heard of this particular issue

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Ouch!! I think all the readers and members here agree with your thoughts. Certainly do feel for you in that situation, Mrs. Beamer. Like an old bitter-sweet joke that begins with "I've got some good news and some bad news..." 12,000 kilometers, only seven or eight thousand miles, it's still a practically new machine. Shame the engine has to be removed to repair it. Glad you have warranty. I hope the mechanic that fixes your bike is the most experienced, is a stickler for perfection, and you never have any more leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts