BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Hey Rebobd, you still trust those Roadsmart 2s with your life, don't you?
Looks like a lotta fun. Glad someone has good weather to play. Nice pic!
How's the lil' Honda?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey clem, honda is great, being serviced and have track day coming up this saturday. as for the roadsmart 2's, my favorite tire i've mounted on this bike. great feel, gives me lots of confidence, great all weather and performance tire. for the "R" i don't think street/track tires are the best, given it's weight and riding position, etc, i think this is a bike best suited for a good performing sports touring tire

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
'nother from the same day in the mountains

one of those days where it's just too fun, not every day on a bike is fun as we know. weather, roads, other drivers sometimes get in the way, but this day was not one of them. this was a fantastic day

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was just in Bakersfield three days ago, first time there, and wish I could have seen more, you guys sure are blessed with some fine riding areas. And Im sure there are much better areas than the one I was in. Thanks for the photo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
newportcycle, california is amazing, i moved here from NY a year ago and i can't imagine a better place in the world really to live if you ride. the entire state has roads that almost appear made for a 2 wheeled vehicle. it's moto heaven. you can always vacation here and rent a bike! that's what i did before i moved here. there's also tons of tracks, track schools, and courses to help you ride better which helps deal with the challenging roads. i've only been riding 3 1/2 years so i've taken advantage of the schools and track days to help me improve and be safer/faster.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
newportcycle, california is amazing, i moved here from NY a year ago and i can't imagine a better place in the world really to live if you ride. the entire state has roads that almost appear made for a 2 wheeled vehicle. it's moto heaven. you can always vacation here and rent a bike! that's what i did before i moved here. there's also tons of tracks, track schools, and courses to help you ride better which helps deal with the challenging roads. i've only been riding 3 1/2 years so i've taken advantage of the schools and track days to help me improve and be safer/faster.
I'm emailing this to my wife right now. :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol hoshiko, it will definitely help your marriage to ride in California year round, i know first hand. wife and i have never been happier!!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
lol hoshiko, it will definitely help your marriage to ride in California year round, i know first hand. wife and i have never been happier!!
I know, I love CA, she is actually from Moraga, her father lives in Davis, Mother in Sac, Brother in Walnut Creek, Sister in Sta Barbara. I really don't know what are we doing here.:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Anyhow, we bought a home last year, currently gut renovating and will be moving in soon, I'm sure we'll be here for some time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts