BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have one of the Dolimiti cases on their R LC? I personally don't care alot for the look of the Shad or the OEM topcases. I don't THINK I need a super large case; just large enough for a fullface helmet and maybe riding jacket. Do you like the Dolimiti? Do you have pics of it on your bike?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I assume you are referring to the 30, not the 46Ltr? If it's the 30, I doubt a and jacket and helmet would fit. If you're looking at the 46ltr, take a look at the GIVI V47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Yes, I was referring to the 30L, sorry. Im not a fan of the cube shape which is why I like the 30L.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Take a look at the Givi V47 there’s room for a helmet, gloves and other travel essentials.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ah yes, but MikeS' Givi has his unique "National Innovative Guardian Enterprises Ltd' option fitted. Very few come standard with that. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I believe HG the Panzer went for a similar option but opted for the poverty-pack K9 version.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Here you go

Reactions: Theresa

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Close up might give a better sense of the size. I keyed mine alike to the bike's key. Might be a little larger than you have in mind but to my eye, the V47 has nice lines and not as bulbous or cube looking as most. That said, I don't think a top box is stylish - just functional keeping things secure.

Reactions: Theresa

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like the idea of an aluminum low height top box also. Would be super useful if someone made a 30L expandable when you need to stuff more gear in. It would of course cost $600.

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Close up might give a better sense of the size. I keyed mine alike to the bike's key. Might be a little larger than you have in mind but to my eye, the V47 has nice lines and not as bulbous or cube looking as most. That said, I don't think a top box is stylish - just functional keeping things secure.

I agree 100% on the not stylish. Wonder why BMW made the rack so high? To me, every top case looks out of place.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
There's always this option...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont like a look of R/RS with aluminium panniers.
In my taste only plastic ones fits...like givi/shad.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Here you go

I have the OEM rack for the OEM 30 L top case. Is there a Givi rack that fits on this or replaces it? Is re-keying the Givi lock straightforward?

·
Registered
521 Posts
There is a GIVI bracket that replaces parts of the OEM mount, using the OEM rack. I think there is a recent thread on re-keying boxes...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts