BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Brand new to the forum. Been shopping around for an R for the past few weeks and came across the following:

2008 R1200R
ABS
Tall Sheild
System Cases
Engine guards
Excellent condition
34K miles
one owner (private seller)
dealer maintained
$8500

Does this sound like a good deal? I know it's below retail BB value, but I'm sure you guys know more than I do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds well in line with what I have seen and heard of. Do you want it? I mean, did you really want it before the question of price came into it? If so, then don't taint the transaction or taunt yourself by sweating that maybe there is another one for a few dollars less.

If it is talking to you, then just get it and ride; if not then the right one will come along.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Not sure what prices are like in the US but it sounds like a well spec'd bike. You should be able to tell if the bike's been looked after by talking to the owner and the service history shows what money has been spent on it. If everything checks out and you've decided it's the bike for you then just do the deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 R1200R for $8,500.
7,100 miles
One owner
Regularly maintained
System cases
Engine guards
Low sport windshield
ABS

Do I have any regrets? Absolutely not! I was thinking about a new R1200xx and when I saw the used R1200R on the floor at my local dealership I fell in love with it immediately. Being half the price of a new R1200R I knew I could use the cash saved for extra goodies. Since the purchase I've added a touring Cee Bailey windshield, rear hugger, rear trunk, tank bag, Shoei Neotec modular helmet and two Sena blue tooth headsets.

Sounds like a good deal to me. If you want it and can afford it then buy it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys. If everything checks out I'm gonna go for it. Looking forward to visiting the forums often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts