BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 12R
Does anyone know exactly where the connector is located to connect the GPS? I just picked up a nice wht/red 12R and want to reconnect the GPS.

I have the OEM BRACKET so I can control from the wonder wheel. I believe that only one of the two connectors needs a home. I see one possible connection high on the right side of the frame but unsure if that is it! ??

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Sounds like you have found it - if I recall correctly, that’s the only vacant connector in that vicinity. If you search the forum, you’re likely to find someone has posted a photo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have found it - if I recall correctly, that’s the only vacant connector in that vicinity. If you search the forum, you’re likely to find someone has posted a photo.
Good to hear, thanks - will try to connect.
p.s. After a 2007 1200r then a 2013 1200GS I am so happy to be back to a 1200R (2016)!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Look for posts here and elsewhere from people who have relocated the cradle, and moved the cable from one side to the other.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is the procedure from the service manual ;

R.
Can you send me link where I can but a service manual. I have a 2017 R12R and have not been able to find one for my year but mainly I am after torque settings so an earlier year manual should work okay... I appreciate a link if you have one. Thanks!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The link ; STACK

This is an iso so you should either mount it or burn it to a DVD and run RSD.EXE. It will say it is to old but it is fine for models up to 2018 (0A04)

R.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts