BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put down a deposit on a low mileage 2016 R in white with red frame and golden forks w/premium and dynamic package. Can't wait to pick it up next month in PA. Lots of good info on this forum, especially the farkles.
I'll be sad to see my RT go, but happy I can still ride. :cool:

Ms Kay

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ms Kay, and we are looking forward to pics of your new toy!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have put down a deposit on a low mileage 2016 R in white with red frame and golden forks w/premium and dynamic package. Can't wait to pick it up next month in PA. Lots of good info on this forum, especially the farkles.

Ms Kay
Twins with my bike! Everyone knows red frames are the fastest. Picture at the Circuit of the Americas.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Isle of man tt Motorcycle helmet
Joe in Central Texas

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,841 Posts
Welcome to the forum R4RT. (y)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the site Ms Kay.
The Texas Hill Country will be great riding for you and the R1200R.

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200R
37 Posts

Ms Kay
Welcome. We're moving to Leander later this year...assuming the builder finds the windows we still need! Perhaps we can tie up and form a central Texas BMW riders club if there isn't one already.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Perhaps we can tie up and form a central Texas BMW riders club if there isn't one already.
There is a Hill Country BMW Riders.

This seems to be a cliquish group of geezers. The one ride I went on with them they told me I shouldn't ride with them any more. I'd already come to that conclusion when I passed the rest of the group and the car they were afraid to in one Boxer BRAAAAPPPP.

There's also Texas Sport Bike Riders.

We do rides of varying skillsets and distances. Many are "everyone welcome" including a regular monthly Second Sunday Easy Ride.

We'll be doing another Three Sisters weekend trip this fall. The best roads in the Hill Country and a fun group of folks. I'll post it here if anyone is interested.

Joe
north of Austin

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200R
37 Posts
There is a Hill Country BMW Riders.

This seems to be a cliquish group of geezers. The one ride I went on with them they told me I shouldn't ride with them any more. I'd already come to that conclusion when I passed the rest of the group and the car they were afraid to in one Boxer BRAAAAPPPP.

There's also Texas Sport Bike Riders.

We do rides of varying skillsets and distances. Many are "everyone welcome" including a regular monthly Second Sunday Easy Ride.

We'll be doing another Three Sisters weekend trip this fall. The best roads in the Hill Country and a fun group of folks. I'll post it here if anyone is interested.

Joe
north of Austin
Hey Joe. Can we keep in touch so when I get to Austin perhaps we can meet up? I don't mind going in a group but equally happy just having somebody to talk to over lunch and to share their favorite rides! I don't know if it is against forum rules but my email is [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts