BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trading in my 2010 GS for an R1200R as its more road bias. I do a lot of touring around Europe which means a lot of changing weather conditions so I will need a touring screen and hand guards. Does anyone have some info on what fits best for my needs? The GS comes fitted from factory so don't know what parts fit the R? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
I will l need a touring screen and hand guards. The GS comes fitted from factory so don't know what parts fit the R? /QUOTE]

I have recently done exactly this, Geoff - moved from 010 GS to 012 R, largely to reflect my ageing body, stiffening joints, and decreasing body strength!

You will find that every second post here is to do with screens, and if you do not end up totally confused you're a better man than I, Gunga Din. It is an expensive exercise, swapping back and forth, so choose carefully!

Some say that GS h/guards fit the R, others not, but there are plenty of after-market options such as Wunderlich and so on.

Enjoy the R.

Lawrence of Suburbia

Outer Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia

2012 R1200R: Montego Blue with ABS, ESA, RDC, OBC, Puig rear hugger, Eagle semi-touring screen, Stebel Magnum horn, Grip Puppies, ss oil-cooler guard, Abdeckring installed, Wunderlich ‘Trophy’ fairing coming soon… that’s it!

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Welcome to the Roadster camp. Search previous posts about GS, Acerbis and Storm handguards. Screens are like seats and oil threads. Too numerous to count. Owners swapping seats & screens often.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I guessed it would not be a cut and dry answer, but thanks anyway. More research needed from my end then? The 90th anniversary black and gold looks a bit tasty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts