BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since new my 13’ R1200R ran way too lean & hot & had stalling issues. The dealer updated it with little improvement. I then added a power plug & ran the bike with less then optimal fueling for over 20k-still the bike had the same issues just not as bad. I then had Max tune the bike(Power Plug removed)and I have to honestly say I was disappointed for a few reasons. First off the bike was stalling way too often. I found a vacuum leak which was a simple fix(vacuum cap was leaking-5 cent fix). The stalling which was once caused by a lean condition was now replaced by stalling do to a rich condition. The bike would load up at idle sometimes & stall while warming up-I had it at this point.
I made the decision to go with a full Mivv exhaust to go with my existing Akrapovic can) & a Dyno Jet Power Commander 5.
I went to Powerhouse Motorcycles in West Babylon NY for the dyno tune. Frank did a hell of a job & the bike now hits like a true boxer should! The dyno numbers were great but the way she runs is even better-107hp & 86ft lbs uncorrected & 103/83 corrected are respectable numbers in the real world & man the bike is so much more responsive it’s a much easier bike to ride now. I really do recommend the combo & Powerhouse as well. Honestly the bike is a different machine now & something I wish I did long ago.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts