BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some risers to make reaching the bars a bit easier. Not looking for anything that requires changing brake lines. What do you guys have and how do you like them?

Premium Member
Handlebar Risers

I ordered a pair of 20mm risers off of ebay for about $35. They have a bolt pattern that is offset from the original, so they are not as clean a mount as the Tourech or Twisted Throttle ones.

However, they are well finished, mounted right up and did not require changing the brake lines. They work fine and I am quite satisfied.

Registered
I installed and am very happy with the Touratech offset risers:

I did NOT need to add length to the brake line, although it is pretty tight. I have had it checked by my local independent mechanic and the BMW dealer shop, and both have said it is fine.

Banned
The problem I have with my risers and handle bars is this , they reflect the silver back into the parabellum shield , if they were black , there'd be no problem . Something to consider.
The reflection disturbs my view .

Registered
^^ I'm with Dmorris (same last name as me! :) ) I too have the Touratech 25mm risers. I love em.

Registered
I have the same Touratech risers as dmorris29. At full lock, the brake line was stretched tight. I did not see any leaks or any fraying of the brake line but after 5 months of use, I had a longer brake line installed.

Registered
I'm looking for some risers to make reaching the bars a bit easier. Not looking for anything that requires changing brake lines. What do you guys have and how do you like them?
I used the Wunderlich Vario risers on my 2008 R12R. Installed on the middle position, I did not need longer brake lines. I did have to slightly rearrange how things were tie wrapped but required no disconnecting of any cables.
Very happy with the purchase and more comfortable riding position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts