BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a picture of the factory sport screen painted to match the bike I would appreciate them posting a picture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am about to paint the lower half gloss black from the inside. Just need to take it off.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Mister Moo, have to comment...

When I bought my bike the prev owner did that to a Cee Bailey's screen. Gloss black. Nicely done and at first I thought, Cool.
But over just a few weeks and it bothered me more and more because it made the bike look like it had "bat wings," like on a Harley. I didn't want this bike to look like a Harley.
I spent a long weekend soaking that screen in gasoline to remove the paint and was FAR happier with the clear screen.
Ok, I admit aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder, but this beholder really didn't like it.
I have some pictures of the bike with the painted screen somewhere on this forum. Might be the "finally farkled" thread.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've painted my sport windshield in black with plastidip, so I can easily remove or change color

·
Registered
36 Posts
What are you using to paint with?
:D

I got distracted with the latest project, below. First I needed to rewire, rebed, sand and repaint the trailer; then pulled the F1 out of the woods and trailered across NC after a 15-year, uh... delay. Still two engines I need to go back for. The other black boxer ('87 Carrera) needs an oilchange; not sure if I'll take the car or the bike 1,000-mi r/t to NYC this weekend. For sure the truck is out of the question.

But! The sportscreen is off; I masked the upper half - painting the inner-lower with black satin and see how it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

I got distracted with the latest project, below. First I needed to rewire, rebed, sand and repaint the trailer; then pulled the F1 out of the woods and trailered across NC after a 15-year, uh... delay. Still two engines I need to go back for. The other black boxer ('87 Carrera) needs an oilchange; not sure if I'll take the car or the bike 1,000-mi r/t to NYC this weekend. For sure the truck is out of the question.

But! The sportscreen is off; I masked the upper half - painting the inner-lower with black satin and see how it looks.

That looks like a good project.

NYC, I have beer, let me know

·
Registered
85 Posts

Talk about ADD... :) Nice project!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts