BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,696 Posts
I assume you mean the asymmetric light, Istvan, rather than the later 2015+ version. It uses two 55W bulbs as per your current bike so that should be feasible, subject to managing the wiring/plug change and the physical dimensions of the replacement headlight shell.
However I believe the F800R uses an LED running light, rather than a simple incandescent bulb as in your R1200R, and this might be troublesome to your chassis computer.
You may be able to get advice from the F800 Riders Forum - someone may have gone the other way, replacing the stock headlight with a round one, and therefore have determined the current draw of the running light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you mean the asymmetric light, Istvan, rather than the later 2015+ version. It uses two 55W bulbs as per your current bike so that should be feasible, subject to managing the wiring/plug change and the physical dimensions of the replacement headlight shell.
However I believe the F800R uses an LED running light, rather than a simple incandescent bulb as in your R1200R, and this might be troublesome to your chassis computer.
You may be able to get advice from the F800 Riders Forum - someone may have gone the other way, replacing the stock headlight with a round one, and therefore have determined the current draw of the running light.
Dear Mark,

thank you very much for your reply!
Yes I ment the asymmetric version and above all, I would have been interested to know whether anyone has expeeience with this.
Next week I will take the bike to BMW service and I will be informed there as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts