BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i picked up my newish bike around a month ago from Williams in Manchester. WOW after selling my 1976 Guzzi Cali this was an upgrade in just about every dept... except the seat:) . I have long been an admirer of the R, i`ve owned a number of airhead boxers over the years and just knew one day i would buy an R1200R. First impressions have not disappointed , a great bike , lovely ergonomics , great engine,brakes , handles superbly and all in road mode. I haven`t yet tried it in dynamic , not felt the need to. The only thing i will change is the seat. I feel a slightly taller seat will suit me better , other than that....it`s a big thumbs up.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
Welcome, Vic. The Roadster is where discerning riders end up after trying the imitators. 😄

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,703 Posts
Welcome to the forum Vic. (y) Depending on what seat you have (Low, Med, High or Sport) you will have a couple of options.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your seat search, plenty of options available.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome! Dynamic mode raises the seat-to-ground height a touch, and stiffens everything a bit, which makes turn-in sharper, and makes corners feel a little more stable. I love the color you have if it's the one in your avatar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts