BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had various bikes as I grew up but always wanted a BMW Boxer and I bought a R1200GS from new, 16 years ago. I sold it last November as I wanted something a bit lower and just bought a R1250R and I love it!
I'm up to about 350 miles on it towards the 600 mile service and it is just such a great looking bike and great to ride. I was worried about the seat height, thinking that after the R1200GS it might be too low but it is just right.
I'm really looking forward to doing some trips but I will see a bit more of the UK, North Wales and Scotland.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and gaining knowledge from other guys and gals on this site.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Well, now you've arrived! Welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you.
Yes of course, I'll get them sorted and sent to you.
Welcome! Would love to see a pic of your R (and your ex-GS too!)
Hi,
Here is my GS during a trip to the Outer Hebrides Islands off the west coast of Scotland.
Water Sky Tire Fuel tank Wheel

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

And here is my R1250R parked up at a small civilian airfield about 50 miles away from me. The Red plane in the background, the pilot just parked it up then had a look at at my bike and then went on to say that he had got a Ducati Panegale on order; another great looking bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Here is my GS during a trip to the Outer Hebrides Islands off the west coast of Scotland.
View attachment 115190
View attachment 115191
And here is my R1250R parked up at a small civilian airfield about 50 miles away from me. The Red plane in the background, the pilot just parked it up then had a look at at my bike and then went on to say that he had got a Ducati Panegale on order; another great looking bike.
Thanks guys (y)

·
Dave in NE TN USA
1,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kunzelkid, thank you for your introduction and pictures.

I'm afraid we have a high standard here on the forum. We like our black R1250Rs to be TRIPLE BLACK.

Here's a thread to help you get started.

Take all the time you need, we'd like to see it done in six months, no pressure.

Cheers! Dave ;) ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum Kunzelkid, thank you for your introduction and pictures.

I'm afraid we have a high standard here on the forum. We like our black R1250Rs to be TRIPLE BLACK.

Here's a thread to help you get started.

Take all the time you need, we'd like to see it done in six months, no pressure.

Cheers! Dave ;) ;)
I'll do my best, Dave:cool:(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I remember Kunzel cakes, used to suck out the inside stuff to leave the lovely chocolate shell. Didn’t have many though cos they were pretty expensive. I’m assuming that’s where you’ve got your name from Kunzelkid😂
As a newly signed up member I’d also like to welcome you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts