BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New to the forum, and have been creeping around for the few weeks and have enjoyed many of your posts, information and commentary. The photos and information are awesome!

My new R1200R hit the port in NJ yesterday, so am hoping to take delivery in a couple of weeks. A little nervous to share the following -but, I got the new magnesium beige (most seem to think this is the worst color available :mob:). But, I really like it.

Anyway, will post some pictures when I take delivery in a little over 2 weeks. Still cold and snowy here and can't wait for Spring.

Rode an F800ST before this, and am very excited about the new steed!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys (and gals) more!

Ravin

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congratulations, Ravin! Hey, I'm with you...although perhaps not as "traditional"...I think the magnesium beige is drop-dead gorgeous. That beauty will be gracing your driveway shortly... all the best!

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Ravinxd, WELCOME to the Forum. New baby's due in a couple weeks? That's wonderful news! Magnesium beige metallic looks bronze to me. I like it!! A fine choice.

·
Registered
800 Posts
+1 on that color... i really like it, too.

of course, RED is the fastest color... couldn't resist the cliche!

Welcome... you are gonna love the bike!

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Hi from the other side of the 'pond'. It would appear your choice of colour is more popular than you thought. Bring on the summer. :001_smile:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats on your choice, no matter the colour this bike is awesome as you'll soon find out. Please post some pics when you get her home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy and ride safe

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Congrats on your new Desk Accessory Tan Bike :) You'll love it and seriously, it's a nice color. However, in the interest of Conspicuity, you might want to add a Hi Viz jacket, helmet, etc.

It would be nice if BMW's could actually be ordered with colors that didn't disappear against the sky or sand. . .

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Congrats,

I'm 100% sure that everyone in here likes the color, the problem is not the actual color, is the stupid name Beemer decided to go for.

I'm sure if they had some "coffee fast", "Xpresso", "Chocolate power" Or this same in Italian, since everybody like Italian names, or even in German "Schelle Schokolade", I'm going as far as saying that baby's soft poop would be better then BEIGE, no one thinks of anything good if BEIGE is attached to their description.

This is what comes to my head when I hear that word

·
Registered
800 Posts
Congrats,

I'm 100% sure that everyone in here likes the color, the problem is not the actual color, is the stupid name Beemer decided to go for.

I'm sure if they had some "coffee fast", "Xpresso", "Chocolate power" Or this same in Italian, since everybody like Italian names, or even in German "Schelle Schokolade", I'm going as far as saying that baby's soft poop would be better then BEIGE, no one thinks of anything good if BEIGE is attached to their description.
I'm sure "Candy Metallic Racing Sand" would have been a better name... so we hereby kick off the contest to rename this color! :clown: I, too, am an advocate of conspicuity but my Candy Jupiter Orange Metallic cruiser did not prevent the cager from "not seeing" me...:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Something Italian

I'm sure if they had some "coffee fast", "Xpresso", "Chocolate power" Or this same in Italian, since everybody like Italian names

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Seems about right to me, Hoshiko. That's exactly the color and look I think of. . if it was a little more metallic, you could hang it on the handlebars as a color matched accessory.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
I'm sure "Candy Metallic Racing Sand" would have been a better name...
"Metallic Racing Sand"? hahahahahahahahahha brings to mind gritty pieces of metal that stick to you, or maybe chase after you. . .kind of like the magnetic mines in Galaxy Quest. I vote:

1. "partially recycled paper towel ecru"
2. "oxidized biscuit flake"
3. "sunglazed buttock"
4. "bathroom bean curd"

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Metallic Baby Diaper Dung, Yonderbob.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Oh, Wait. . .Metallic Racing Baby Diaper Dung. . .

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Snow days

It's official. Forum members have WAYYY too much keyboard time,:dizzy:
and not nearly enough saddle time due to the weather.:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts