BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Minnesota!

The R1200R and F800GT are the top bikes on the list for my wife's next bike. Since I've been visiting this forum frequently, I figured I should stop lurking and register.

Unfortunately, my wife is recovering from an illness, and won't be well enough to test ride for about three more weeks. She should be 100% better by the end of the summer, but since that is so late in the riding season, we'll probably wait until next spring to buy a new bike.

Her current bike is a Bandit 1250 and I really like the idea of her getting a bike that isn't chain drive. She puts on a lot of miles and I'm getting sick of chain maintenance!

Since my wife can't test ride yet, she asked me to take an R1200R out for a spin and report back to her. I absolutely loved the bike! I wasn't able to take an F800GT for a test ride, but I can't imagine I would like it better. I have a feeling I'll be borrowing her bike a lot if she ends up with the R1200R.

·
Registered
824 Posts
wishing your wife a speedy, complete recovery and then the two of you fighting over who takes the R12!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no doubt about it, the R1200R is the way to go. It's the heartbeat of the BMW brand! -- by the way... Also from Minnesota... Richfield! Purchased mine from Leo's South. If you're going to buy new, wait for the new liquid cooled one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, all!

CheesyRider started this thread for me, and just yesterday we picked up my new-to-me scoot from Moon Motorsports in Monticello, MN.

Not pictured are the saddlebags and tailbag that came with it. :-D

Took it out for a 100-mile spin yesterday, and I *love* it!

I did find out the hard way that the gas gauge doesn't work... when it says 77 miles to empty, it really means "game over." I wasn't too surprised by it and will go by the trip odometer until Moon can fix it under warranty.

Glad to be part of the group!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts