BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m pleased have discovered this forum. I have been viewing for a while and it appears there are a lot of knowledgeable folks who are more than willing to help others. I’ve owned and ridden a number of bikes going all the way back 1969 when I was riding a Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler. I discovered BMW when I traded my Honda ST1300 for a new 2012 K1600GT which I rode along with a new 650GS. In 2015 I consolidated and bought a new R1200GSA that now has over 50K miles.

I recently test rode and fell in love with a 2016 R1200R which I immediately purchased. I’ve probably only put 2K miles on it so far but it’s a blast to ride, especially on roads through the mountains of Arizona. It also is great being “out in the air” when the temperatures rise as they do here. You can expect to see me asking for information and advise as I become more familiar with this bike.

I have equipped the bike with a Givi tank bag and BMW side cases. It already had the factory windshield. I’ll be looking to add some auxiliary lighting primarily to become more visible.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,679 Posts
Welcome, Sam. Nice to have landed on a bike you love so much.

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sam. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Loved Phoenix when I visited a few years ago.

·
Registered
2017 R1200R
25 Posts
Welcome Sam. This is the right time to be in Arizona. Hope to see you on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts