BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 12R folks

I pick up a beautiful 2007 R1200R with almost all the goodies and only 8,000 miles tomorrow. It will be my 6th BMW, all the others were Oil Heads, RT, GS, RS and 2 S’s.

As much as I love my current 04' S, time has come to for my old body to sit up straighter. The R is a nice change and of course it is so much smoother than my previous bikes, other than my VFR's.

I have been riding for about 45 years, teach MSF and even served my time as Admin and Mod on the infamous Adv Rider forum.

Looks like I get to go on the great wind screen/no buffeting hunt now. The last time I played that game was with my 1150GS.

Here is a pic from the shop’s web page

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum rad. Lots of screens to pick from. Hope you end up with a winner that works for you. Nice ride you have there. Enjoy. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Congrats on the loaded toy, let us know your impression compared with your other bikes.

I love the S looks, but the R it's just more rider friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Welcome, rad. I too changed from an S to my 12R, a much comfier riding position and with a smoother engine and better road holding. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, rad. I too changed from an S to my 12R, a much comfier riding position and with a smoother engine and better road holding. You won't regret it.
Ya, good points. I do have to say that I will miss that S of mine. she was stunning looking.

The R is smoother for sure, and has very relaxed ergos. I don't commute through the mountains to work now.....Just retired. My riding now involves more long distance stuff and the R should fit the bill. I did the RT thing and found it just too big to really enjoy.

A picture from today, picking it up. The light makes it look white, it is silver.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
The S does score a few extra points on it's looks but the R isn't that far behind. The 12R is certainly an easier bike to work on, taking all the plastic of the S to get to anything was a real pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts