BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm a long-time lurker on the forum currently riding a 2010 R1200R. When I purchased the bike it had a beat-up Calsci windshield. I tried putting a Puig Ranger Universal and I'm very unimpressed with the fit. I had to bring it to my local guy who spent close to 3 hours trying to install it. I should have saved my money and aggravation and just got the Parabellum Scout or Wonderlich Trophy fairings with sport and touring screens. Again, I'm another example of "buy once, cry once". Any insight on either fairing is appreciated.

Registered
2011 R1200R Classic MU
Wecome.(y)(y)馃嵑馃嵑

Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
Welcome to the forum cinjarn (y) Cant help with the screen as they are for girls :whistle:

Dave in NE TN
Welcome cinjarn.

The Wunderlich Trophy fairing is a beautiful piece and looks like it was made for the motorcycle. I had one on my '09, tried both sport and touring screens and kept the sport as the touring just increased turbulence & noise around my helmet. I also installed an MRA xCreen Sport Blade atop the sport screen (smoke colored Blade matched Trophy sport screen nicely) which created laminar flow and directed noisy air above my helmet, it was a good setup for me.

Best, Dave

Registered
Welcome to the forum cinjarn 馃憤.

Screens are one of those things that can make or break your experience with a motorcycle. It is also the reason why many of us ended up on the R and ride it the way it came from the factory.

Don't be hard on yourself with the screens, you will be an outlier if the first screen setup you tried works very well. Even if so, you would have tried tweeking it in pursuit of perfection, as it is the nature of the game.

Good luck with the screens and hope you find a setup that works for you 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome cinjarn.

The Wunderlich Trophy fairing is a beautiful piece and looks like it was made for the motorcycle. I had one on my '09, tried both sport and touring screens and kept the sport as the touring just increased turbulence & noise around my helmet. I also installed an MRA xCreen Sport Blade atop the sport screen (smoke colored Blade matched Trophy sport screen nicely) which created laminar flow and directed noisy air above my helmet, it was a good setup for me.

Best, Dave
Hey Dave,
I have a question on color matching the Wunderlich Trophy fairing. Since I have the Alpine White color R1200R does the black and white fairing contrast too much or just get the unpainted version and have my guy paint it? I can't seem to find any pictures of it on a white bike where I can judge the contrast for myself.

Dave in NE TN
Much loved and missed former forum administrator McMonkey McBean had a '14 Camhead DarkWhite R12R with a black stripe painted down the middle of the tank and a black Wunderlich Trophy on the front. I think she may have later put a white stripe down the middle of the Trophy (like an R12R 'Classic') but couldn't find a picture of that. Nonetheless, here's a couple pictures and a video of her bike.

She was very aesthetically gifted, her stuff always looked great. I hope it still does! HTH.

Cheers (and missing Erin),

Dave

Reactions: arfingdog

Dave in NE TN
Also, if you look in my albums, you'll see my alpine white '09 R12R Hexhead with alpine white Trophy fairing.

Cheers, Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts