BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everybody !

After 20 Years of severe GS- Biking I recognized, that I never went on an Africa Trip, neither did I pass the Gobi desert :chinese:

I was wondering how ugly the 2013 GS was and I decided to buy a 2010 R1200R in black with all options (ABS,ESA,ASC,Touring Package etc.)

I must say, that I really like this bike. She (Yes in Greece a BMW is a "she") is incredibly beautiful.

I now have to solve the windshield issue. The bike came with the short Sport shield. I already bought a used BMW Touring Shield which is on it's way to me. Optically it is the only "higher" windshield acceptable, i think.

So again HI
Drak

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
WELCOME Drak in Athens. This Forum is a great place to share your thoughts and photos of the Roadster. Hope you find the new BMW touring screen to your liking. Make yourself at home.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
... I decided to buy a 2010 R1200R in black with all options (ABS,ESA,ASC,Touring Package etc.)
Drak - you must be the only bloke left in Greece with enough money to buy a BMW!

So ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L of S

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of us call our bikes "she." :)
I'm correcting you, DJ, at least for this neck of the woods. I but very rarely hear 'she' used in relation to a motorcycle.

I once witnessed an (older) guy patting the seat of his bike, affectionately, as one might pat a dog, and reflecting "she's a good old girl" and I recall being a trifle embarrassed!

L of S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts