BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just made the first 80 kilometers over bumpy streets of Sofia on my brand new R1200R Classic. So far so good. I changed nearly 15 bikes during my 25 years of riding, but this is my first BMW. Any advice about most needed accessories is welcome. I am cumming from a Bandit 1250 GT and long rides across Europe are my favorite.

Premium Member
Welcome, you'll find the character of the boxer engine much different from the inline 4 of the Bandit. I'd say the best accessory would be hard luggage. A taller screen would help but that may take a little research as there's so many different heights available.

The best thing about the R1200R is it's good to go straight out of the crate. Just get out there and use it. :001_smile:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave and DJ_Fission

Thanks Guys,
I was thinking the same - Luggage. My idea is to stick to the BMW original painers and top case. And a high windshiled as well. For now it appears that my rear suspention has some problems, but BMW service will fix it :))

Premium Member
DJ, I'm not saying the bike shouldn't be changed to suit, but it's excellent if you want to leave it standard.

Premium Member
Nice, nothing better then the first kilometers on your new toy.

I'll agree with Dave, hard cases are almost a most. I really like my hand guards for those cold days.

Please come back and keep us updated about your suspension

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all advices. I put on just an original BMW small wind shield and aluminum engine covers and it is just fine. The luggage will wait a little. The bike handles nicly.

Registered
Marchev - I strongly suggest that you immediately stop using this Forum, particularly if you ask questions about 'what to add'. You will quickly become confused, excited, bewildered, stimulated, and POOR!

My 2013 1200 R is only twelve weeks old and already I have added more extras than on all my previous bikes combined (mostly BMWs), largely through taking part here!

Added: oil-cooler radiator guard (essential): mid-height touring screen (essential if riding longer distances as the OE screen is only suitable for urban riding IMHO): PUIG rear hugger: Grip Puppies: Abdeckring: small rear top-box (about to install brake-light LED set-up inside): BMW small Soft Bag luggage: and I have a Wunderlich 'Trophy' fairing on order.

What next! Aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!

But do enjoy - it's a great all-round bike - this is my third.

Lawrence of Suburbia

outer Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts