BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with a K75, then on to an R1100RT, then to an R1200RT and now I'm on a R1200R. I think I've finally found a bike that fits me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Welcome 4Me! Nice bike. . as if you'd get any other response :). . . .how does that weeny windscreen work for you? What brand is it? I would love to have a cool looking weeny windscreen like that, if it actually works and doesn't buffet my helmet off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Dave,

Thanks for the welcome. I had the bike in the mountains today as the weather was nice. The BMW windscreen is about 11" high and it works great... Up to about 55mph. After that you can feel the wind in the chest and on helmet. I've already ordered a Cee Bailey 21" high touring screen and will see ow that works for me. If it's good for me (and I suspect it will be) I may end up selling the little windscreen. It will be two weeks before I get the new windscreen.

Cheers!

4me

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
4Me. Let me know if you decide to sell. I might be interested. D.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the club R4me. I have the touring wind screen on my R and at 5'8" buffeting hits me right in face and ears.
I would really like to sell or trade for sm. weeny screen preferably the tinted one. Let me know if anyone is interested

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Greetings.

good choice of bikes. I still have my 1990 K75S and traded up from a R1100S to get my R1200R.

I thought the 'weeny' screen was standard. When I bought my 2009 bike it had a medium sized BMW screen but was surprised to find a small screen and bracket in a pannier. I don't think the salesman even knew it was there as it was never mentioned.

I've just bought a Ztechnik screen so will be experimenting with all 3 screens in the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts