BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:001_smile: I'm not an R1200R owner yet but I used to have an R850 Classic and I have had several different bikes since; Triumph Sprint ST, Honda Hornet 600, GS 1200 and now have a 2003 Triumph Daytona 955i, which is a great machine with lots of character but now I am ready for my dream bike.
For me the R1200R is a 'proper' bike.
QUALITY BUILD
CLASSIC LOOKS
COMFORTABLE
FRUGAL (very important with today's fuel prices)
LOW-MIDRANGE POWER
DOES IT ALL!
Looking forward to a test ride soon, CHEERS.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:001_smile: I'm not an R1200R owner yet but...
...Looking forward to a test ride soon, CHEERS.
Enjoy it. I don't think you'll be terribly disappointed. :D

So what's the thinking on moving away from a 955i to something else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If I could afford to keep the 955i and buy a new r12 I would 'cos it is great fun on shorter journeys, but the Missus won't allow that. Also I am becoming slowly fossilised at 50 so comfort has moved to the top of my list! Got my eye on the 90 anniversary.
By the way, check out picture of my Daytona on my album, Cheers.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
You've had some great bikes. If you are like me and will ride for longer stretches often and your bones, but not your attitude, are aging, you will love the R12r.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I too had a 955i previously. Although my r12r had the fuel strip issue, still nothing compared to the gremlins of my s3 955i. I do often miss the sound/character of my old triple when I hear one go by. welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you're right that the R12R is a proper bike and it does do it all - very well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My last bike was also a R850C (blue with blue saddle and bags) - loved the classy look of that bike but had ot leave it behind in Europe. Now I'm on the 2012 R1200R "Classic". All I can tell you is the difference in these two bikes is unbelievable. Or as the German dealer said when I got off the first test ride with a "holy ****" look on my face, (imagine heavy German accent here) "Vee can do very much with engineering in only12 years, yes?" As has been said here numerous times, bestbike I've ever owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts