BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm 45 years old, but novice with motorcycling and beemers as well. During my training course, when I looked around for a motorcycle I fell in love and bought a brand new R1200R Classic. On Monday I passed the test and I'm waiting for the end of administrative procedures for licence issue (I already done 300km on it and I'm very impressed how friendly it is).
I'm so glad to join in your great community.
Expect my feedback soon.

Premium Member
Welcome. Good choice for a first bike, but I would say that, wouldn't I!!!

Premium Member
It's a great "starter bike" especially considering you won't ever outgrow it. . .unless you decide want to race and never have children (Ducati Panigale with the heat exchanger directly under the seat) or maybe use a motorcycle to uproot tree stumps and tow your trailer home (Triumph Rocket III)

Registered
Congratulations! Best of enjoyment to you.

Is the testing for a motorcycle license rigorous in Bulagaria? Is recreational motorcycling common there? Excuse my ignorance, I am curious.

In the late 70's I travelled over much of Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland and Hungary) on a moped.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,
thanks for your welcome.
Categories for motorcycle have been changed since 19.01.2013 by splitting former A (above 50cc) into A1, A2 and A. The rules for access and tests are the same as in the other European countries.
My late start is not concerned with the a.m., I should grow up for a motorcycle riding :-D.
To have a R1200R for a starter bike sounds a little strange, but the BMW dealer has convinced me that it is very good for a novice due to the technical advantages like Boxer engine (stablity due to a low center of gravity), Telelever (no dive in emergency braking), ABS (excelent braking), ASC, ESA and last but not least very comfortable riding position.
So I tried it and I got a confidence that this byke is very forgiving.
drDave, there is always possibility for outgrow if you can afford it. But I'm mostly a tourist than a racer, so K1600GTL is still an option *-).

Premium Member
Welcome to the Forum alhristov. The Roadster is an excellent choice. It is light for a 1200cc class bike & will take care of you if you exercise patience and good judgement in traffic. The K1600 has a lot more weight and hp. Truly a highway machine.

Registered
Welcome to the group! You've made a great choice- a bike that can do just about anything. I'd love to see some photos of your country- maybe you will be kind enough to take a few photos and post them on here?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hi TJB-NC,
attached some old photos from official season opening and some track fun.
I'm starting active riding and will post more pictures soon.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts